Whats your plans for your motor over the winter ?

Im gonna be using and abusing it as normal.

Not looking forward to running mine in the winter, when its wet I cant go above 4k rpm or Ill be suffering lots of wheel spin. Dreading it when its icy...

Hopefully gonna start looking for a daily.

Sounds like you need some winter tyres and some Racelogic traction control!

Edited by Gravel
  • Like 1

My Celi is my daily commutemobile so I'm going to use it every day whatever the weather. Just need to drive carefully when conditions are less than perfect.

My 15 mile round trip commute will continue to be done by pushbike whenever it's dry so my 140 will be doing service mainly in poor weather throughout winter. A gentle throttle will be the order of the day.

• Like 1

Moo will be going to bed mid September and probably sorn till about April next year. I will mostly be saving money, and using the Evo for my errands while on leave for the next two leaves at least.

• Like 1

My 15 mile round trip commute will continue to be done by pushbike whenever it's dry so my 140 will be doing service mainly in poor weather throughout winter. A gentle throttle will be the order of the day.

Wish my commute was doable by pushbike but it's about 30 miles each way & I'm not quite in Bradley Wiggins form. Luckily I get a few days working from home every now and then. But the long commute was one of the reasons to get a Celica - fun to drive for long periods, looks great and still get 40mpg!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not much at the moment as my next mod will be sparkle red painted interior parts but not until it gets warmer again , maybe a few litte cosmetic stuff but also i need to give it a goo claybar and remove some scratches ...

but on saturday i need to do a oil change on mine and the audi

Edited by celica1977

Winter wheels back on... even if the weather considers about snowing. I need to figure out why I have a nice pond in the spare wheel well - since insulating the boot with flashing tape, water has accumulated in the spare wheel well, so I'd need to syphon it all out again, and stick more dessicant into the boot.

Speaking of boot, I'm probably going to have to get a new subwoofer that's compatible with sticking a 29er full suspension mountain bike in there! Let's just say that the bike saddle saddle to terminal jack interface has pretty much caused my crappy EDGE subwoofer to cut out irratically! At the same time, a RockShox front fork and brake caliper smacking the speaker cone doesn't do much wonders for the car!

It's a shame I've stopped caring about the interior and exterior of the car. I'm pretty much using it to shuttle to trail centres outdoorsy places! I considering a 4WD estate car next. Lowered car + gravel carparks + potholes = new undertray much?

plans for the 190 are to try to sell whats left to sell , plans for the rex are engine pulled again,power steering delete,abs delete, wire tuck, & v mount intercooler/radiator set up & of for another remap :)

how does the TRD stack up againt the HCT HDSS one that all of Lee at se7ens place use? as i am running that for now, but during the engine swap it was well used, but couldnt afford it for now. i have an MR2 LSD in the garage already so i am where you are, thinking do it all at once. new seals, new LSD and clutch in a one hit. Would love all the synchros done but for now they work! and i can afford it all!

how does the TRD stack up againt the HCT HDSS one that all of Lee at se7ens place use? as i am running that for now, but during the engine swap it was well used, but couldnt afford it for now. i have an MR2 LSD in the garage already so i am where you are, thinking do it all at once. new seals, new LSD and clutch in a one hit. Would love all the synchros done but for now they work! and i can afford it all!

No idea really but I'm of the opinion that if designed by TRD as an upgrade then it should be tried, tested and match well.

It's not until you start looking at US normal Mr. T prices that you just realise how much we are being ripped of in the UK, even allowing for inflated transport costs.

Try this for a comparison.

TRD Clutch kit £249 (Fensport £663)
TRD pads £53 a set. TRD (Fensport £167)
TRD Filters £7 for the top red Jap version. £5 for US black version (Fensport £21)
I'm going to get 2 sets front and rear pads, 4 filters and the clutch kit. Would buy even more stuff but got to watch weight allowance.
Trying to track down a set of TRD drop links, they are not heavy and a TRD radiator cap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.