Where does the extra oil go?

After changing the oil I have never, in thirty odd years of working on cars, had the same amount out as I've had to put in to get it to the same level on the dipstick.

It didn't matter if it was an MG or a Mazda, a rotary or a piston, bike or car.

Maybe NASA should look into it...

Lol

I found mine , all in ther air filter , the induction pipes , the turbo , the charge cooler , the throttle , and the intake manifold

Needless to say , my car was and still is a bit poorly :)

• Like 2

I also found mine in the hot side of the turbo and exhaust. Not has bad as Ian's.

Yeah. I think Iain (black knight) may of ended up with some sprayed over the bonnet of the beams , i think my ringland happened the day we went to ace cafe , and being a faff driver , there was lots of 'take some of that beamsy' on the way home pmsl

Yeah. I think Iain (black knight) may of ended up with some sprayed over the bonnet of the beams , i think my ringland happened the day we went to ace cafe , and being a faff driver , there was lots of 'take some of that beamsy' on the way home pmsl

Ha the Beams, Somewhere near the same power with out the hassle of turbo & boost lol

'Cause when you fill up, you fill up to the max but the existing level is rarely at the max.

This above, plus you can never get all the oil out as there is a film of oil over loads of the internal engine parts which stays.

And the oil pump holds some.

Edited by jez.w
  • Like 1

Ha the Beams, Somewhere near the same power with out the hassle of turbo & boost lol

Really , I was shot gun in the beams when Orc blasted Iain in the rolla

Speed limiter ftw :)

• 2 weeks later...

Id just like to say...

1. He set off from the first roundabout and I didn't even bother till the second as could not be arsed with standing on the breaks!
  2. I caught him up easily enough from a good distance back but then could not pass because the stupid limiter kept killing the engine!
  3. As you say you were riding shotgun...so I was effectively carrying a weight penalty :sofa:

They are my excuses and I'm sticking to em :lol:

• Like 1

Id just like to say...

• He set off from the first roundabout and I didn't even bother till the second as could not be arsed with standing on the breaks!
  • I caught him up easily enough from a good distance back but then could not pass because the stupid limiter kept killing the engine!
  • As you say you were riding shotgun...so I was effectively carrying a weight penalty :sofa:
They are my excuses and I'm sticking to em :lol:

He he he :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.