It's a great Car... and other non-negative stuff!

Thought I would post a little something up. Loved reading through some of the posts in this thread.

I don't really have a story to tell like the rest of you, for me it's just the shear number of looks and stares I get in this car it seems to attract so much attention. Everytime I see someone looking over it I just can't help but smile. I must've had about 3 or 4 just on my way home from work, most of them being from drivers of ugly VAG boxes, but it still counts!

It just really opens your mind and makes you realise the car you have. This car generally gives me so much joy and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it, and it's moments like catching someone looking over it in a car park that really make you realise how special it is.

IMG_1018_zpsa219bfda.jpg

• Like 5

Had a lovely hoon home from Gatwick on Sunday evening, reminded me why I like the battered old beast so much. Not much traffic on the A272 and those that were there and going slow were soon dispatched. Handled beautifully and sounded like a banshee with toothache when the revs got up above 5k.

I should have left a little later in hindsight as I got home just as the Cup final was starting. :lol:

I did get a thumbs up and a 'nice car' from another driver on Saturday but it doesn't really count as he was driving another black gen 6. B)

I was on the 272 this morning, nice run with the top down from Lingfield ending up at Beks and then when left later on tried out Beks favourite bit of road near him before hitting the A3 and Hindhead Tunnel :)

Fav moments this week also were whilst giving a lady at petrol garage a hand with getting a stuck fuel filler cover open (half a dozen guys on the forecourt ignored her plight grrr) she pointed to mine and said boy do i wish i had one of those.

Few times when you drive past someone and they look, then you look in the mirror and they've turned and are still looking, always a smile moment

• Like 5

Yep...I agree with Knighty/Arizona...it isn't always a specific "instance"...it is the subtle looks/attention the car gets when I'm out in it.....particularly if I blip the throttle...lol...and /or pull away in, shall we say, in a spirited manner.. :rolleyes: .

I'm sure that many peeps don't actually know WHAT it is.!!!..but the shape/sound get's 'em every time..lol

It never fails to put a smile on my face...and that's the most important thing. :thumbs:

Neil

Edited by RUToyota
  • Like 2

Bless him my dad loves mine. Had tea at his last night and was talikng about a replacement exhaust. He said he thought it was ok as it was......could he, and his wife hear it again? Turned it around in the road and inserted boot into carpet................left it there.............

Watching 2 near 90 years olds jump back as it hits lift in first just as I pass them? priceless! :lol:

I am a bad,. baaaad boy Mrs B has a very dicky ticker. :blush:

• Like 2

me and the mate were out a wee tour round the town last night and the sight of 2 gen5,s was enough to turn some very pretty heads ;) and some mingers too :lol:

his exhaust is near identical to mine and the note is the same B) sounds awesome :lol: pulled into the top of my street and noticed a carfull of young-uns drooling over them :drool: driving and drooling is dangerous :lol:

Bless him my dad loves mine. Had tea at his last night and was talikng about a replacement exhaust. He said he thought it was ok as it was......could he, and his wife hear it again? Turned it around in the road and inserted boot into carpet................left it there.............

Watching 2 near 90 years olds jump back as it hits lift in first just as I pass them? priceless! :lol:

I am a bad,. baaaad boy Mrs B has a very dicky ticker. :blush:

I have a bad habit of making the odd pedestrian/old person jump by just backing off the throttle and then applying lightly to produce a good loud pop just as get level with them :sofa:

• Like 2

I have loved all the stories above, I love my celica to bits, I will never forget the 1st time I seen it when going to buy it, I instantly thought WOW! Can't believe that is going to be my car, the attention I get from it is unbelievable from all ages and people paying compliments to me about it everywhere I go, I have lost count of people saying to me "that looks like a ferrari that does" it always puts a smile on my face and just love the way the car make me feel when driving it ☺

but there is one little thing that has stuck in my head, there was a father and daughter walking past where I live, she was about 4ish at a guess I say has I have got a 4 year old daughter myself and she said to her daddy WOW daddy that car looks like Lightning McQueen! ☺

post-45593-140657743525_thumb.jpg

Edited by wezyboigt
  • Like 1

I love my car! Its the first one that ive had that i have loved everything about (exept for the engine, i need more power!), the styling inside and out, the way it corners and the way it always seems to make me grin from ear to ear no matter what mood im in :wub:

I love backing off the throttle after giving it some beans in second gear and hearing the burble which always tends to turn a few heads, most people tho probably think im an idiot though because i play drum and bass with my windows open and always make loads of noise accelerating and burbling everywhere :lol:

The feel good factor of this car makes me forgive it for splashing me in the face everytime i forget to shut the window before washing the screen :angry:

Using my car for pizza deliveries means it gets a fair few comments from customers and randomers on the street.

The best two i've had were one guy who i'd driven past on the street stopped me and said what a nice car it was for 'somebody my age' and how did I afford it, when I told him it was 10 years old and worth about £2.5k his jaw dropped haha. He was adamant it was less than three years old, shows you how modern a 15 year old design still looks to the general public.

I delivered to one guy with a new shape 5 series beemer on a private plate that i'm assuming wasn't a company car and when he saw my car he said 'I wish I could afford to buy a sports car like that' I didn't like to say that his car was probably worth 10 times what mine was! :P

With regards to the celica being a babe magnet i've caught one rather attractive blonde girl having her photo taken with it outside work, not sure why but I wasn't complaining :P

Also one rainy night a pair of girls that live round the corner from work as it turns out came in as they were walking past and asked if one of our delivery drivers would drop them off round the corner since they had ordered food and didn't want it getting wet walking home, I pulled up outside and they decided they wanted to go home 'in style' so me and the celica were chosen to be their taxi! I got one of their numbers though so it was probably worth the trip :D

• Like 1

L20 - The blonde posing was probably Bridget... shes seems to be attracted to the sexy 7!

BUT

Hands off bitch... Bridget is mine... all mine Mmmwahahahaha!! :twisted:

LOL....That Bridget sure does get around.!!! :rolleyes:

Neil

L20 - The blonde posing was probably Bridget... shes seems to be attracted to the sexy 7!

BUT

Hands off bitch... Bridget is mine... all mine Mmmwahahahaha!! :twisted:

Haha she must get around abit! :P

No number left on my windscreen though so she must have already found the celica and owner for her!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With regards to the celica being a babe magnet i've caught one rather attractive blonde girl having her photo taken with it outside work, not sure why but I wasn't complaining :P

I've got an '04 Gen 7; prettiest car I've ever owned and the only car I've ever had that (totally non-petrol headed) women universally comment on in a favourable manner without prompting.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after not winning an award at JAE yesterday , which is not surprising as I am not competing, and notwithstanding jetwashing it at 8.05 am (Sainsburys Kettering open 8.00 am Sundays you see,) the car was covered in dust from the new roadway there when I left at 3pm.

I stopped for a little cheese and wine at 8pm at the local Wellswood co-op in Torquay, a nice bit of town with well lit shop fronts. As I got out of the car I noted that a 200+ mile blast down the motorway removes dust very well indeed and she was gleaming from the serious polish and wax last wednesday. :) Nonetheless I was surprised to be stopped by a lady of similar age (Who was remarkably nimble and not in need of a zimmer) and she just piped up "Excuse me I hope you don't mind me saying but I don't usually like sports cars, but THAT, beautiful. The lines the shape the colour, everything, it's really lovely!"

Oh, er Yeah. Just back from a show in the midlands actually, I rather like it too and thank you for saying. I appreciate it. Goodnight. :):) :)

........and they all lived happily ever after.

and I dropped the bottle of wine when I got home and had to go and get another. What ho!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice compliment today from the guys at the local tyre bay. After getting a couple of winter tyres swapped onto spares and balanced I went into reception area to pay and was told no charge, there wont ever be any charge come by anytime you want any swapped he said, smiling

? confused, i've never bought tyres there only ever get them put on rims

He went on to say , see we like your car it sounds great and looks good out the front so we like looking after you, oh and last time you gave us biscuits :D

I was on way to supermarket so while there i picked up some tunnocks teacakes,custard tarts and chocolate eclairs and a case of full fat coke and dropped it off on the way back which was met by beaming grins and downed tools

• Like 2

looks good out front so we like looking after you..............................., met by beaming grins and downed tools

Stoppit Daytona, no double entendres about fronts and tools, no, no ,no!!!!!!!!! :nono::nono::nono:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.