It's a great Car... and other non-negative stuff!

On Topic now sorry fellas

I had some kids today shouting nice car mate ! well chuffed then some one at my gym said they havnt seen a GT4 for years , Is he stupid ive got a 1 " gap between my bumper and bonnet lols

• Like 1

Just back from a gloriously sunny week near Scarborough..the Celi did brilliant.!!...went a couple of times down to the Marine Drive in the evening..where generally all the local boy racers hang out in their go faster Corsa's and Saxo's etc..as I went past with the Celi's exhaust note burbling nicely (deliberately of course)..I actually got a thumbs up from a couple of them...LOL...NEVER had that before.!

It seems I've "arrived"..lol

Neil

RUToyota's post has reminded me of this, which I had been debating whether or not to post.

This is a little story that happened a few years back now, but still makes me smile when I think of it!

I was going to collect my teenage daughter and her friend from town late one evening and parked up at the appointed place to wait. I noticed several performance cars whizzing past me at intervals, and then 5-10 mins later, the same ones were coming past me again. I realised the Boy Racers were in town and doing the ring road circuit, and a couple had noticed my car parked and peered as they went past!

The girls arrived and climbed in just as some more came past. I said to them “Do you know – I would love to do one circuit with them and show them what a classy car is like! Who needs a massive exhaust, blue lights underneath and a Go Faster stripe!” My daughter was horrified and said “You can’t do that!”, but her friend said “Go for it Mrs R!” – so I did!

I decided I would play it really cool, not make it obvious and stick to the speed limit. At the first set of lights one came along side, others behind me. I told the girls not to stare at them – I certainly wasn’t going to even glance (so uncool guys!!), I could see all I needed to see out of the corner of my eye! My one advantage was my good reaction times and the fact that I knew the sequencing of the three and four way traffic lights and I knew where to look for the reflections of the last light to go red before mine went amber. I was first away from the lights every time! Sure, they overtook me on some of the straights by exceeding the limit, but amazingly the lights went red every time and I drew up alongside. It was quite hard not to laugh at so many pairs of eyes turned in our direction.

After finishing one circuit, we drove past the spot where the main group had gathered to peer under each other’s bonnets and gave them a wave before going on our way!

RUToyota's post has reminded me of this, which I had been debating whether or not to post.

This is a little story that happened a few years back now, but still makes me smile when I think of it!

I was going to collect my teenage daughter and her friend from town late one evening and parked up at the appointed place to wait. I noticed several performance cars whizzing past me at intervals, and then 5-10 mins later, the same ones were coming past me again. I realised the Boy Racers were in town and doing the ring road circuit, and a couple had noticed my car parked and peered as they went past!

The girls arrived and climbed in just as some more came past. I said to them “Do you know – I would love to do one circuit with them and show them what a classy car is like! Who needs a massive exhaust, blue lights underneath and a Go Faster stripe!” My daughter was horrified and said “You can’t do that!”, but her friend said “Go for it Mrs R!” – so I did!

I decided I would play it really cool, not make it obvious and stick to the speed limit. At the first set of lights one came along side, others behind me. I told the girls not to stare at them – I certainly wasn’t going to even glance (so uncool guys!!), I could see all I needed to see out of the corner of my eye! My one advantage was my good reaction times and the fact that I knew the sequencing of the three and four way traffic lights and I knew where to look for the reflections of the last light to go red before mine went amber. I was first away from the lights every time! Sure, they overtook me on some of the straights by exceeding the limit, but amazingly the lights went red every time and I drew up alongside. It was quite hard not to laugh at so many pairs of eyes turned in our direction.

After finishing one circuit, we drove past the spot where the main group had gathered to peer under each other’s bonnets and gave them a wave before going on our way!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

LOL...Don't ya just love that "feel good" factor.!.. :rolleyes:

Neil

Edited by RUToyota

pulled up outside the chippy last night and went in, came back out and 2 very yummy young mummys out for a walk had stopped for a juice. They loved it they said! The puzzled look on there faces when i told them it was probly older than them was priceless lmfao. Traffic branch where giving it a good look over on the way to Belfast on saterday, think they were jealous in their diesel avensis. Nice classic they said when sat at the lights. Love my 5!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For many and varied sins I attend a weekly businees breakfast once a week. The members are all aware I am nuts about some Celica called Black Betty but generally take no note apart from making strange clockwise rotations of their index finger pointed at their temple whenever I mention her............. :rolleyes:

However, further to WINNING the photo challenge over the weekend young Elliot who lives close to where the pic was taken, and saw it on facebook, said what a nice photo it was and how good the car looked in it.

Also a new member, not aware of my affliction, turns out to be a gen7 fan having had one and appeared to be having a little damp moment when she was looking over it in the car park. Given it is full to the roof with house move junk and filthy after a dusty rainshower I am quite pleased with today. :D

• Like 1

Thats a cracking photo Ian!

Thanks Gaz.

Had a really enjoyable couple of hours driving to and from the harbour and taking the photos. Just on my phone but got a couple of nice ones.

Sometimes being up at the crack of dawn is not a club 18-30 joke!

• Like 1

I'm glad your business colleagues realised that Black Betty was a car!

Sounds like you are quite infamous down your way (I loved that quote from the film The Three Amigos - do you remember it?!)

No. I have only 2 amigos. :(

Edited by daytona

Had a lovely hoon home from Gatwick on Sunday evening, reminded me why I like the battered old beast so much. Not much traffic on the A272 and those that were there and going slow were soon dispatched. Handled beautifully and sounded like a banshee with toothache when the revs got up above 5k.

I should have left a little later in hindsight as I got home just as the Cup final was starting. :lol:

I did get a thumbs up and a 'nice car' from another driver on Saturday but it doesn't really count as he was driving another black gen 6. B)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.