How much money have you spent on your Celica?

So far, since buying the car at 2700.. wouldnt count that in my 'what ive spent on it though'

£300 stereo/dvd/gps entertainment system + £50 fitting

£150 front lip + £380 fitting, moulding

£200 radiator supplied and fitted

£38 gear knob + gaiter

£12 steering wheel badge + celica sticker for boot

£30 hid kit

£180 brake discs and pads kit + £90 fitting (doing over this week)

next up this month ive got to start on my audio .. oh god now the real moneys gna come in :(

£280 custom ice boxes + £150 2 JL audio subs + £300 JL audio amp + £15 ish .. amp wiring

dont even want to add that up! ive only had her just shy of 6 months!!!

oh just remembered the £362 i spent on an invidia exhaust as well :laugh2: its not arrived yet!

:wtf:

Edited by Celica_Mad

So far, since buying the car at 2700.. wouldnt count that in my 'what ive spent on it though'

£300 stereo/dvd/gps entertainment system + £50 fitting

£150 front lip + £380 fitting, moulding

£200 radiator supplied and fitted

£38 gear knob + gaiter

£12 steering wheel badge + celica sticker for boot

£30 hid kit

£180 brake discs and pads kit + £90 fitting (doing over this week)

next up this month ive got to start on my audio .. oh god now the real moneys gna come in :(

£280 custom ice boxes + £150 2 JL audio subs + £300 JL audio amp + £15 ish .. amp wiring

dont even want to add that up! ive only had her just shy of 6 months!!!

oh just remembered the £362 i spent on an invidia exhaust as well :laugh2: its not arrived yet!

:wtf:

eek!

200 isnt a rip off as most suppliers will charge nearly 100 for the Rad, but always check on here if you can. I paid £30 for one just last week thanks to as tip off from Kev16v.

1500 for the car

700/800 or there abouts on meisterR coilovers

350/400 on Cone lip and TRD sideskirts (reps)

45quid on strut brace and have a under rear strut that I picked up but never put on

125quid on double din stereo

And all the general stuff tyres etc probs around the 400quid again

Though I need to sort a set of wheels out as I hate the epic tuck it has :( grrr

And a 2zz engine to convert and roof rails, TRD valance, a exhaust system , turbo , everything to go with said turbo lol , diffuser :D:P , I can't stop modding lol !!

• Like 1

eek!

200 isnt a rip off as most suppliers will charge nearly 100 for the Rad, but always check on here if you can. I paid £30 for one just last week thanks to as tip off from Kev16v.

I must be like 1/4 of the way finished with how I want it to be, I've still got like, trd skirts, rear valance, JDM spoiler, lowering springs, new wheels and tyres, full car wrap, induction kit, strut brace etc still to buy and get fitted .. God I don't think I will let the car go after all this lol she is stuck with me forever!! Then ofc there's things like clutch which will need doing soon.

I must be like 1/4 of the way finished with how I want it to be, I've still got like, trd skirts, rear valance, JDM spoiler, lowering springs, new wheels and tyres, full car wrap, induction kit, strut brace etc still to buy and get fitted .. God I don't think I will let the car go after all this lol she is stuck with me forever!! Then ofc there's things like clutch which will need doing soon.

Yup!

I have the attention span of a goldf

Consequently usually change car every 18 months. I have only spent in the last 18 months what my last car depreciated in percentage terms. Major spending on bits is now done.That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! At current rates it will be another 5 years before it tops 100,000 miles and I get twitchy. This bunny is a happy one. :D

Yup!

I have the attention span of a goldf

Consequently usually change car every 18 months. I have only spent in the last 18 months what my last car depreciated in percentage terms. Major spending on bits is now done.That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! At current rates it will be another 5 years before it tops 100,000 miles and I get twitchy. This bunny is a happy one. :D

I'm at 100,000 miles already (bought it with 95,500 miles) but I hope to keep until about 130,000 which will prob be about 3 years or so til it hits tht mark. Then I might buy something new, like a gt86
  • Like 1

I'm at 100,000 miles already (bought it with 95,500 miles) but I hope to keep until about 130,000 which will prob be about 3 years or so til it hits tht mark. Then I might buy something new, like a gt86

I was reaaaally disappointed they were slower 0-60 but the track guys say they are very quick through the gears because of their extra mid range, soooo as prices drop............mmmm maybe?

I was reaaaally disappointed they were slower 0-60 but the track guys say they are very quick through the gears because of their extra mid range, soooo as prices drop............mmmm maybe?

yeah if prices drop! they are rear wheel drive also .. yeah strange they are around 200bhp but slower 0-60 but i guess there pretty heavy the new cars eh

Mines at 125,000 now, just going to keep going until it can't do no more!

Aww, an engine can last as long as you want it to I guess! Just needs a little tlc and maintenance now and again. I'm sure yours will go on forever!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, an engine can last as long as you want it to I guess! Just needs a little tlc and maintenance now and again. I'm sure yours will go on forever!

That's the plan! I've yet to change the spark plugs actually, they're iridiums and are supposed to last a very long time, and the idling is perfect so I've been reluctant on buying some new ones. Might just grab some just for the sake of it, along with a new cone for the SRI. Looking at a black foam 'Ramair' filter :)

Like Triggers broom Bud. Just keep changing handles and heads and it will run forever! :)

Brilliant :D

• 2 weeks later...

First Gen 7 I bought in May 2013

Cost £1995

Insurance £660

Tax £40 since it came with 6 months and I SORNed it at 7 and a half months

2 tyres fitted £180

Towbar removal £40

Backbox £77 fitted

HIDs and other bulbs £40

Radiator £190 fitted

Service and aux belt change £90

Petrol £1000

Insurance admin fees £40

Wrote it off unfortunately but managed to break even with the large excess by buying it back to break it and sell the parts

For my second Gen 7 140 I bought in Febuary 2014

Cost £1550

Insurance £645

Tax £225

New caliper + 2 new discs + pads £280 fitted

2 post JDM spoiler £85 done myself

4 new rainsport3 tyres + fitting £275

Custom catback exhaust £290 fitted

HIDs and other bulbs £60 done myself

Sparkplugs £8 done myself

Oil + filter £42 done myself

Apex lowering springs £109 done myself

Petrol £1000+

Both been extremely reliable and been used more than once a day on average, always start first time and never broke down. Not really needed any repairs except consumables or stuff corroding

Edited by alex282

Had the car 5 years now, not really spent too much on her apart from the usual service parts, Full brake & suspension rebuild last year did put quite a big hole in the savings that was about £1200.00 but did include paying a garage to do some work which i just couldn't be bothered / didn't have time to do. (BIG mistake) I suppose over the years it soon totts up so I sopped counting really.

... and I thought it was women who hid new things at the back of the wardrobe and then said "I've had this for ages!!"

I used to do that with guitars!!!! I would buy a new guitar and put it under the bed where I kept a few. Then when the missus came in I would pull it from under the bed and start playing it!

"Is that a new guitar???!!!" "No dear.........it's the red one. You know, the red one I have."

Worked for years until a mate dropped me in it! :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.