How much money have you spent on your Celica?

It's not what I've spent more what I want to spend thats scary.

£4.1k for the car

Bought the N1 Exhaust for £360odd

TRD Skirts/TRD elegance lip from Ray £200 not even sprayed yet.

In negotiations £100 for Injen CAI courtesy of MYK

I have a list as long as my arm regards interior mods and I fully intend to spend vast sums on getting the Steering, suspension and braking nailed before I head off to the land of FI

Tis an expensive game but I love it!!

My CS cost £3500 10 years ago. In that time I have spent about £11000 on it including a new engine, gearbox repair, 2 clutches, 2 exhausts, new body panels, turbo, power steering pump, new suspension, brake master, new rads, and lots of other things.......

It is still in pieces at the moment and been off the road for 3 years now. Got to get it finished one of these days.......

I would be lucky to get my £3500 back on it, but in the future it will be like the TA/RA Celicas and should go up in value. I don't care how much I spent on it as I just like the car and don't intend to sell it.

• Like 2

Ball park...

£700 to buy it.

£2000 on the rev 3 replacement and engine ancillaries

£2000 on bodywork, rust treatment and resprays

£1000 on exhaust

Probably another £2000 on bits and pieces

Stupid money, hey ho

Ball park...

£700 to buy it.

£2000 on the rev 3 replacement and engine ancillaries

£2000 on bodywork, rust treatment and resprays

£1000 on exhaust

Probably another £2000 on bits and pieces

Stupid money, hey ho

£1000 exhaust blimey ..

Sounds like most people have spent way less than the cost of a new fiesta.

Well, apart from splinter maybe...

haha, yeah i havent totalled it up for a while.

but i count things for the car cost as tools and parts including fluids. so in reality with the new engine, the custom bodywork recently, and all sorts of tools and little bits she gets given, i could have got a car much better than a new fiesta!! hahaha

The faff was 2500

I spent about a 600 in tarting it up when I got it

If I had only just spent 30 on some charge cooler lagging it wouldn't be sitting in the garden :(

Since meltdown I recon I have spent another 800 in repairs/replacement parts that were mot passable , but worn and at that rate I recon by the time the old shed crawls down the road next year I will have spent another 2000/3000

Some interesting posts here :o people seem quite happy spending a few grand on these cars, and who can blame them. Good to see the money's going on good upgrades rather than repairs :)

My car was £2,000 when I bought it with full toyota service history, and I've spend £1500 extra. So that would make it £3,500 which, thinking on it, isn't that bad considering the condition it's in now :o

Still, if someone gave me £10,000 tomorrow to spend on the car I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest XD

The way I look at it is, my 5.7 hemi loses 2k a year depreciation, the celica including buying, shipping, fluid change etc. Has cost me just under 2k and next year with luck and a prevailing wind it could still be worth £1500+ therefore it will have cost me £500 for a years motoring. (not including tax insurance etc) now thats a bargain.

Well thats how I justify it!!! When my Mrs asks why I need two cars, I reply because three will not fit on the drive. :) :)

Exactly, to all of us owning our cars isn't just owning a car it's also our hobby

I look forward to spending a day with my car tinkering and driving just like others like to go fishing, play with train sets etc... [emoji4][emoji4]

Edited by JonSam50
  • Like 1

That's the thing see, like I said before I don't buy a car to sell in the future, I buy it to use and enjoy. Who cares if I don't get the money back, you spend it to enjoy it.

... or if you've got an older car, you spend it to keep something you love on the road. I so very nearly sold my CS last year because of the work that was needed, but couldn't bring myself to do it at the last minute. I didn't want someone else to be driving my car and I certainly didn't want anyone stripping it out to kill it!

Some interesting posts here :o people seem quite happy spending a few grand on these cars, and who can blame them. Good to see the money's going on good upgrades rather than repairs :)

That's the beauty of the 7 - When do you ever hear of people shelling out huge sums on repairs? They have their faults for sure but the are a solid car.

That's the beauty of the 7 - When do you ever hear of people shelling out huge sums on repairs? They have their faults for sure but the are a solid car.

Yeah Celicas have Audi build quality eh Gerraint ;)

Oh and Big man, the Gen 7 is the most fun car I can get my fishing kit for a weekend in. :D

No room for train sets, nor desire :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.