How much money have you spent on your Celica?

Bought mine on April 26th this year with 67,201 miles on it for £2700

Since then I've bought (including labour)

Two Pirelli p zero tyres 220

Two rear wheel hubs 400

Front discs and pads 190

Radiator, aux belt and water pump 280

Ebc rear discs and pads and front pads 160

Blue gauges, air con and clock lights 20/30

Head unit 400

Don't really wanna add that up if I'm honest ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost literally fuck all

£1K for the car
£100 TRD elegance rep splitter from the group buy
£60 worth of black plastidip

£40 on an ebay special Short Ram Induction

£120 on 2 x cheap as fuck front tyres and tracking doing

£50 replacement rear section of exhaust (brand new thought that was a pretty good price)

£20 for halfords to fit said exhaust

£4 for yellow caliper paint

£2 on stickers

I did however crash it last week so I'll be paying for new drivers side front wing, front bumper, washer bottle, headlight and arch lining+ clips

While its in the garage I want to add front and rear strut braces and finally fit my splitter, maybe also fit some of the EZ Lip to the side skirts

the things is I would proberly of spent the same amount of money on them lol and don't for get I compete in mine and I doubt that supra/skyline or evo would keep up with me when competing, as it is I beat all the Porsche and Ferrari that all so compete in my class

Edited by mixer72

A very valid point Danny! I'm not one of the Shirley Basseys but I'm in for a couple of grand so I could be looking maybe at a 6k car.

Then it comes down to do you want a ropey whatever or a throughly sorted TSport.

I was only looking to spend 2500 in the first place! Things change.

I am keeping the car for at least a couple years more and will get my monies worth and expect very few nasty bills. With something more flash I would get more bills and more depreciation. That is my feeble attempt to logic my way out. It comes down to the fact I am spending non borrowed money and having fun for me.

What others do is entirely up to them. I don't like being judged by people who know nothing of me and so don't judge others I don't know well.

I'm not knocking the cars you mention as some members here have them, but I buy a car because it is the car I want. I want TSport. I have TSport. End message.

Quick question to the big spenders on the thread

Do you ever think 'shit I could be driving around in a supra/skyline/evo etc rather than this'

I mean I love my celica but I couldn't spend that amount knowing I could have bought one of the above instead

Yep, so that's why I got the Evo.

Id spent around 8k on my old ST205 and then drew the line.

Infact the only reason I got a Faff in the first place was due to insurance costs.

the things is I would proberly of spent the same amount of money on them lol and don't for get I compete in mine and I doubt that supra/skyline or evo would keep up with me when competing, as it is I beat all the Porsche and Ferrari that all so compete in my class

That's impressive!

Do you have any in car footage? I'd love to see it if you do!

A very valid point Danny! I'm not one of the Shirley Basseys but I'm in for a couple of grand so I could be looking maybe at a 6k car.

Then it comes down to do you want a ropey whatever or a throughly sorted TSport.

I was only looking to spend 2500 in the first place! Things change.

I am keeping the car for at least a couple years more and will get my monies worth and expect very few nasty bills. With something more flash I would get more bills and more depreciation. That is my feeble attempt to logic my way out. It comes down to the fact I am spending non borrowed money and having fun for me.

What others do is entirely up to them. I don't like being judged by people who know nothing of me and so don't judge others I don't know well.

I'm not knocking the cars you mention as some members here have them, but I buy a car because it is the car I want. I want TSport. I have TSport. End message.

For me, when I was looking for a first car I had actually written of the gen 7 as I didn't like the looks and actually went as far as to say I would not have one. Then I was offered mine at a bargain price and it meant not having to trawl used car lots looking for something else so I snapped it up

The first month I got it I began saving for something else

I wonder how many other people just landed in a celica and how many people went out wit the intention to buy one

I had intention to buy my 2. I see them on google few modified ones I thought, damn I want that car ya no :) haha. Cheap and cheerful they really are, for a sports coupe. Very well priced up. Thinking about my next car id like I don't think will be as cheap! Been lookin at the likes of Nissan 350z honda integras evos supras lol

I had intention to buy my 2. I see them on google few modified ones I thought, damn I want that car ya no :) haha. Cheap and cheerful they really are, for a sports coupe. Very well priced up. Thinking about my next car id like I don't think will be as cheap! Been lookin at the likes of Nissan 350z honda integras evos supras lol

Same as me! My next car will either be an EP3 with a lot spent on it or a supra with a bit less spent on it :D

• Like 1

i wouldnt know what my next car would be but i know for one thing it will never be a turbo or the like as i just dont have the capital to support that , thats why i went for a higher revving number that is a bit of fun , easy to mod and much better economical than my previous car.

always loved the supra but man i had a 2.5 and would defo not be able to afford a 3 ltr turbo :(

The gen 7 looks great and has a good base so is much better than pouring money into an old civic or micra. However the 7 is still quite common and doesn't have an amazingly impressive reputation like the Supra. I'd love to own a supercharged or turbocharged gen 7 don't get me wrong but personally I think I would buy another car for that sort of money and keep the gen 7 as a daily driver

But imagine owning that beast... only thing is it was for sale for £45k and cost even more to build and for that money I'd look for something else

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.