How much money have you spent on your Celica?

you don't want top know how much I have spent on the Beast lol

I would guess £15k plus the car?

Yeah Celicas have Audi build quality eh Gerraint ;)

Oh and Big man, the Gen 7 is the most fun car I can get my fishing kit for a weekend in. :D

No room for train sets, nor desire :lol:

/

Cant really compare Gen7 to older Gens as Gen7's are not old yet. My Gen5 car is nearly 23 years old, i dont think many Gen7's will make 23 years?

You dont get death rattle on proper Celicas :sofa:

• Like 2

I was chatting to a bloke at a WWII event in Kidderminster today he was planning to buy a 1943 Willys Jeep that was for sale. I asked him how much it would cost and he said £15k minimum for a good example - with guaranteed money back plus interest and inflation when you sell.

As I walked off he said "it's a lot of money, you could buy a new Fiesta for that" - I nearly said "or spend it on an old Celica" but I held my tongue because my wife was listening.

think im upto about 5k now and another £80 to be spent tomorrow on a new battery to replace the one that caught fire yesterday oh and then add the £260 paid for the car in the first place

Edited by carlasumm

About £500 on new stereo,tweeter and vent rings,gear knob. Previous owner spent about £2500 on new alloys,exhaust and other mods so saved me a packet. Nothing else planned apart from an original rear valance if I can source one,no rush :)

bought mine back in october 2012 for £2300

i paid £2300 for the japster

£200 for new radiator/coolant and mechanics labour

£30 - black mesh to enhance the front end look

£40- to enhance the engine bay with the sweet colours & also to get it to a bling engine cover

£180 - full custom exhaust fitted by infinity exhausts

£220 - full brake upgrade to MTecs & mintex pads..

£60-80 - maintenance but havent needed to replace sparkplugs as yet

Edited by celica1977

Bought the faff in November last year 1950-, an about 2k+ spent.half mod an half maintenance, just finding the next 1k for new brakes an maybe some new alloys, I can't get use to my advan's

Good evening Guys!!

I just signed up for full membership, so does that £12 count?? Ha. :P

So far, my 2001 Celica has cost me the better part of £160. It needed new rear disks and pads and I was unlucky as it needed a new caliper :angry:

This bill is going to increase as Its a bit of a project and there are general maintenance things that need looking at (alt belt, new tyres x4, passenger door lock, and the washer bottle needs some attention)

The initial outlay for the car was £1500. A steal for a 190 with 114k on the clock!

Got a few mods I would like to do as well like braided brake hoses (actually any feedback about how much of an improvement this is would be great!)

as the old saying goes, if its got tits or tyre's, it'll cost ya! :hysterical:

Edited by Shamalam_190
  • Like 1

LMFAO! Excellent quote!

think im upto about 5k now and another £80 to be spent tomorrow on a new battery to replace the one that caught fire yesterday oh and then add the £260 paid for the car in the first place

...whhhaaaaaa?!?

ive full day one Toyota service history totaling 10500£ odd then ive spent another 2000 easy and in still spending on it, only mods are a backbox and k&n lmfao

I paid 4,200 for the car last Feb, 790 for coilovers, 650 for rims, 350 for tyres, 30 on new droplinks, 60 on the 5 panel mirror, 60 on HiD's, 40 for genuine mats, 30 on pressed plates and probably 20 on l.e.d's here and there.

I've had no problems whatsoever in my 14 months ownership and have had 2 services just to keep things fresh,

I've driven 7k miles in that time so it's nearly on 60k total mileage and it's been an absolute pleasure to own.

I am not fussed about making the money back, if that's your view on cars that's a shame I feel.

aka in higher echelons, as.....

If it flies, floats or F*cks, rent it. Ownership will bankrupt you..

and add coolant, exhaust bung and new radiator to the last estimate! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.