How much money have you spent on your Celica?

Roughly.

I don't mean consumables like brake pads and bulbs, I mean additions, modifications or repairs.

Since owning the car in December, I've spent £1,500 on modernising and improving it. When people say "You never get that back", it's not the point - I spend money on it so I can enjoy it. I don't buy a car to sell it, I buy it to use it. So I don't regret any spending on it :)

What about you guys?

• Like 1

Well, last count was about £25k and that was way before I blew up the built engine.

I'd say now close to £30k.

Which, when you look at the likes of Adam Taylor's builds, isn't so bad!! :lol: I feel sorry for his credit cards! Haha

If I added in the cost of tooling up my garage for all the work like engine hoist and stands and special tools for a full engine rebuild, and then all top end oils and fluids over the past 5 years I will probably cry... Hahahaha

Edited by splinter

It was over £5000 plus the £11000 for the car but most of that was 10 years ago , did have around £3000 worth of parts that I bought over last 3 /4 years but am now using them on the newer Celica

Faff - £1500 for the car and around £600 - £700 which is mostly a mines ECU and top end rebuild. Had for almost a year.

190 - £700 for the car and around £200 - £250 mostly on spares from ams to get it back in shape. Had for just over a year.

My last faff cost £6000 (Cheap at the time) I spent £6000 on it. Had it two years and sold it for £6000.

3500 for the car and that's it, I don't do modding

.well unless you count 4 new F1s, new pads,discs, hoses, wheels+ refurb, spacers, eibachs, splitter (twice!!!) scoop, Sports M spoiler chrome rings, , various badges, short shifter, gaitor, , mook dials, and the AWD so that's ooooo sh*t not far off 3k :o and over that with labour and servicing. Guess I shall need to keep it and spank it to get the value then?

Yay! :D

£1000 on the car + honda civic

£300 for the refurbed wheels Blaine's/Ben's ex set

£130 for apex lowering springs and drop links

£850 for Lenso D1Rs

£25 for the rear lip spoiler

£250 for Pioneer head unit and £100 on cheapo Edge Sub

Yeah, ouch... makes modding motorbikes seema lot more sensible!

• Like 1

About 1,320 ( only recalled the uprated double din lol ) in modifications and another 200notes on maintaince only another 30quid till I Paid the amount for my car in parts lol

Edited by docterozlo

this is one question that should never be asked. the amount of money spent is not important its the end result that counts. (plus all mods cost £10 or £50 for the bigger stuff, don't they? im sure that's what the girl friend/wife gets told by most :lol: )

don't really keep count to be honest but I do know that the body kit and paint was £2k-2.5k and the engine yet to be put in was some thing like £4k total, add to that the £800 for the car and then the rest of the stuff I would say £10k-15k and the mods haven't really started yet :lol::D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.