Permiwrap?

DanH

Erm still looks like plastidip to me.

Worried that googling it I can find literally nothing about it, no reviews at all

I can see alot of deformities even in their low res photos, look at the white M class around the wheel arches, and the purple VW van is just a state.

Edited by The Spectre

Hmm, that's interesting and scary all at the same time.

I would be all over a semi decent £400 respray at the moment given the state of paint on my cars, but what worries me with this is that I think they are mixing car paint with clear plastidip. It'll be permanent all right in terms of you won't get it off when you want to, but will it come off when you don't want it to? Well that's another story...

I've got an MX5 that's got red plastidip on it at the moment and the thing is with the stuff is that it's great for a colour change for a month or two, but longer than that and it's too easily chemical damaged. I've got a nice melted patch on one rear quarter from where my fuel cap started pissing out fuel on a drift day for example, and don't get me started on oil and greasy finger prints...

What I think they've done here is mixed car paint in to give it colour and a bit of durability but to try and keep the easy application characteristics of dip. What worries me, is what'll happen if this gets a bit of fuel on it, sure the car paint mixed in will be fine but the dip won't and you may end up with damaged paint you can't just peel and remove!

Oh and Plastidip last two years? Yeah it is tough stuff and does a good job of protecting paint from scratches etc, but after two years it'll seriously look like shit.

Edited by IsoMX

Whats your opinion on this?

£399 for a full car and its permanent(not like a plastidip that lasts up to 2 years).

A huge variety of colours and you can go for a matt or glossy finish.

http://www.refreshyourcar.co.uk/

This company have done a couple of cars i know of, i ve not seen them myself in the flesh as it were Dan but thegadgetman Eddie on here is one you could ask , on the standard of job done. also think this is " plasti dip scotland " new name ,new premises maybe

Edited by mick_66

Yeah its plasti dip Scotland from glasgow. The thing is they are offering car resprays too for that price. Obviously it will be an exterior respray and that's it but I am more than happy with that because all I want to do is cover some scratches and stone chips plus I am thinking to change my hood and front spoiler to a GT4 one and I'm not gonna find one in my colour. I dont like matte paints at all but I do like a semi matte finish. Since my original colour is bronze i was thinking to go for something like this:

hairy+audi+art+car.jpg

Hi guys. Mine is permiwraped. Matte orange. Plastidip Scotland glasgow. Exterior only £399. For what it is they done a great job. My paintwork was looking tired. So decided to go for this and it's great. It's not a proper paint job but for the money and time of 2 days. Can't knock it. 5apuny2e.jpg

ejyry7ug.jpg

a4yry4u3.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It's near to a proper paint job what I can see since January. stone chips and knocks and bangs are the same as on a proper paint job. Some push bike, I presume, banged into my car at the boot and really dent it . B@$tardious.

Are you talking about thinned plastidip or imported RDS?

Thinned plastidip (what most people including me have used) fades badly I believe because it's thinned from the start and the pigment is halved making it twice as easy to fade the top coats, whereas RDS (Rubber Dip S, which is plastidip mixed especially for spray guns and has the correct amount of pigment) is more resistant. Might you mine hasn't faded too badly, I think it's the blaze colours that are culprits for this.

My concern with this permiwrap is what is it, there is no such product that I can see meaning this is something they've mixed up themselves and I'm almost certain it's just a plastidip and car paint mix which is no good thing.

Apparently as it's supposed to last 5yrs what do you do then, presumably as it's not paint you can't do a conventional respray, and as it's not normal dip it won't peel so what do you do? All I can think it rub it right back, which will be a massive, massive ballache.

Hi isomax. you might be right with the mixing of the 2. And might be not long lasting .but 2- 5 years it's not bad at all for the price! I wouldn't have done it on a new car but a my 13 year old car with faded paint job was the best thing I've done. Again that's very personal. Hope this helps. But ones it's on its on. No turning back. So you have to be sure unless it's plastidip which you can peel off.

• Like 1

DanH do some prep work yourself mate a get a respray ,It will cost more but its your hobby and pride and joy so worth the extra mate

Thats my advice mate ,Or evan get yourself a spray set up and have a blast ,

Edited by TURD34

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair this is an interesting read..... I was tempted by Plasti dip, and the doing the whole car. I have dipped my bonnet, which for me was a double edged sword, i liked the idea of a matte effect bonnet, and also it would cover up the fact that some k^&b keyed it.

The plasti dip has held up to now, but i would honestly say that if this service was available in surrey, at this price id take a punt and do the whole car. 400 quid, is good value even if you get 2 - 5 years out of it....

But i do like the fact that if i change my mind with plasti / rubber dip it can just be taken off...

But this Mod lark is all about personal preference and how deep pockets you have.... id love to shell out £1500 - 2k for a full respray.... but then thats the value of the car.

post-44158-0-65428900-1402502086_thumb.jpg

post-44158-0-54834400-1402502103_thumb.jpg

interesting looking this, my paint is tired looking up close and a q,panel really needs done :angry:

i wonder how close and shiny to the superwhite they can do it, i wood maybe stick it on the boat if it was a good job :) it wood have to come back like this but B)

temporary_zpsdf7f287c.jpg

fecking gleaming :lol:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.