Permiwrap?

DanH

My car is bronze anyway(3K6 colour code). I thought it would look nice...

If not, I'll keep the original colour and a respray will refresh it a lot anyway.

I've still got the concern of what will happen when you come to respray or if you get petrol etc on this sort of paintshop. I guess it's impossible to know yet exactly what will happen, but personally I'd either just go for dip or go for paint, mixing the 2 just seems like combining the worst of both, fine if you plan owning the car for less than 5yrs but potentially a problem after that.

Guest Ambermile

Website does say Permiwrap. I rather fancy the idea of a matt black on the 140... orange matt look like primer, as would silver :D

Lol. Listening to all your comments and I do get it. We'll never come to a conclusion whether permiwrap is the best thing or not, did I mention it was just £400 including wheels! I done it because my paintwork (red) was getting tired looking , which looked pink in most pictures. And I didn't wanted to pay £1500 + for a respray. So chose this option so I can change the colour in the next 2-3 years. Matte was an option for me and thought yeah it's very different and some people ask me is it finished yet or give me their wax and advice on how to buff up my colour . it's funny. If your going for something different you have to be thick skinned and take criticism. But I do agree if you are sure and want to stick on a colour and want pay £1500 + for a proper respray that's the best way to go. I do get bored so instead of changing cars I change colour and start modding all over again from fresh. Great.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

y4etytyd.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah I plastidipped my 5 for similar reasons right down to the faded the red paint and know all about the abuse, do people notice the supercharger under the bonnet? No they notice it's wrapped in what's basically a red rubber condom, and point it out to me... frequently...

At the moment my dip is looking like shit due to greasy finger prints, oil, and petrol (top tip, make sure your fuel cap o rings aren't perished before going on a drift day) so it's just there to protect what paint is left really now.

Luckily I've found somewhere that will do a job that's reasonable enough for a not a lot so I'm going with a permanent spray job pretty soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My car is bronze anyway(3K6 colour code). I thought it would look nice...

If not, I'll keep the original colour and a respray will refresh it a lot anyway.

Hello Dan

im not dissing bronze I just dont think it will look right in a matte colour thats all mate , Matte colours should be basic white or black Me thinks ; )

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This looks like a really good alternative to the usual wrap. I paid £600 to have a mini wrapped a few weeks ago, wish I had known about this concept.

I have another car I want to wrap though, think I might give this permiwrap a go :twisted:

Edited by Auto-boy

I'd give plastidip a go first, it will fade and discolour if not looked after but you can still peel it off and your paintwork will be fine.

Permiwrap I would guess will fade the same way but is unremovable without damaging the original paintwork.

• Like 1

I was going to plasti dip my whole car, ended up just doing the bonnet and nose cone.... I'm still undecided if I like it....but it's been a fair few months now and has held up well to the elements, washing and general use....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.