Someone crashed into my car

Had a good go at sorting it today got the main dint out and most of the scratches. Ordered a stronger cutting polish and new pads so should be all ok I think and hope. Only a very small scratch that's through to the paint

son of a bitch wankers. I can understand why the culprit didn't stick around. when you prang a car as good as a celica there is a high probability that the owner comes out not looking to take insurance details but to hand out an ass whuppin. in this one instance club stickers mean the owner is someone who is into the car and the likely hood of the ass lashing will be very high.

I feel for you tom. if this happened to me I sometimes wonder if its better the culprit drives away otherwise my temper would get the better of me and then i would end up getting done for it.

• Like 1

problem now is , even the insurers say do not accept liability, and some guys insurer wouldn't pay out recently cos he left a note on the car saying he did it and left his details. what a fucking joke.

I'm getting a smart repair guy out to mine on Tuesday said it would be around £150 - £200, that's with dent and paint repair.

problem now is , even the insurers say do not accept liability, and some guys insurer wouldn't pay out recently cos he left a note on the car saying he did it and left his details. what a fucking joke.

I'm getting a smart repair guy out to mine on Tuesday said it would be around £150 - £200, that's with dent and paint repair.

Pretty sure if the guilty party has accepted fault and the insurer refuses to pay out, then the insurer is breaking the law = possible for them to be shut down :thumbs:

Really unlucky with that one, but at least you've managed to sort most of it out. Would advise reporting as - like others have said - may tie into more reported crimes and lead to someone getting caught :)

My mate heard a crash, looked outside his window and his sisters car had been rear ended - sees a red civic driving away into a cul de sac. Finds a honda badge and Red panels on the floor, goes down the street and see the car smashed up.

Calls police - they don't wanna know - even though all the evidence is there - as no witnesses to the actual accident and the civic driver denies it saying that was from before.

Brings the car a 2008 Corsa to me and it's bent the floor pan so can't be repaired - ends up selling it for £900 as is because his sister is 20 and doesn't want to claim on her insurance ....

My mate heard a crash, looked outside his window and his sisters car had been rear ended - sees a red civic driving away into a cul de sac. Finds a honda badge and Red panels on the floor, goes down the street and see the car smashed up.

Calls police - they don't wanna know - even though all the evidence is there - as no witnesses to the actual accident and the civic driver denies it saying that was from before.

Brings the car a 2008 Corsa to me and it's bent the floor pan so can't be repaired - ends up selling it for £900 as is because his sister is 20 and doesn't want to claim on her insurance ....

I'm sure the police would love to get involved if you told them " i Knew you weren't going to be interested, so i killed the guy as compensation..." :P What is the point in reporting a crime when the enforcement isn't even there? :shrug:

Edited by Antilochi

that is shocking. you are better off dealing with these ppl yourself!!!!!! :angry: i would have just lied and said id seen that specific car hit and run. all the evidence was there. god stuff like this makes me so angry!!!

hope u managed to fix the car ok, i remember you was selling it have u decided to hold onto it now?

SHIT SON!!! I hope his f**king c*ck drops off - sorry for the language but this makes me FUME!!!

As you may have read bud the same thing happened to may not 3 weeks ago so I feel your pain!

I didn't report mine, I got sketchy reports of a black taxi driving off, I rung a few companies but surprising no one had any taxi's in the area. Problem is our road is used as a turning circle even tho it's private land behind what would be closed gates (they've been busted the past few months) so I have no chance of finding the culprit. TBH Taxi drivers in Burnley are as dodgy as the day is long so they probably didn't even have insurance.

It's happening far to regular now. Thunder Grey must be the like a chameleon colour or something!

Edited by Old Red Celica
Swearing toned down.

If you're having trouble polishing that scratch out, you could try wet and dry sandpaper with ultimate compound if someone hasn't mentioned it already? I've had a huge success out of using it as you can see:

M2Tmzsh.jpg

FYMTWL8.jpg

If you want a guide to how I did it give me a shout bud :)

all i'm seeing now is the same shit happening to different members this past month. some fucker keyed my car last night! but coz i wash and polish every week, the surface was smooth and slippery resulting in just a 1mm dent with only the ending having a bit of paint flicked off! ARRRRRGHHHHHH! i feel for u bud.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.