Adhevises and Glues

Ok so I've tested a clear contact adhesive to fit rubber pads to my fuel tank, which has been painted with hammerite smooth black. I don't think it's going to hold them, it just rolls off by rubbing with finger.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a good product for sticking rubber pads to a painted surface, I have no idea what toyota used originally. Much obliged and desperate as I'm fitting the tank tomorrow... Hopefully.

I was thinking of using that double sided webbed tape stuff if I can find it they use for sticking laminate etc.

Cheers Joel

Edited by Joecard71

Ok so I've tested a clear contact adhesive to fit rubber pads to my fuel tank, which has been painted with hammerite smooth black. I don't think it's going to hold them, it just rolls off by rubbing with finger.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a good product for sticking rubber pads to a painted surface, I have no idea what toyota used originally. Much obliged and desperate as I'm fitting the tank tomorrow... Hopefully.

I was thinking of using that double sided webbed tape stuff if I can find it they use for sticking laminate etc.

Cheers Joel

look on Ebay at 3m sticky pads real strong stuff have a look on youtube :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the 3M

used a few pads to shape the new number plate round my front bumper and they held the pressure of the plate wanting to spring back straight no problem .

Evo stick paint both surfaces leave unit nearly dry say ten mins and it will never come off it smells so you will be high but its great stuff

Make sure its evo stick Not a cheaper brand

Edited by TURD34

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.