Moving celica shell

digs

Ok, need some advice if anyone has any :)

Struggling to find a transporter who can shift a car shell with no wheels. It's a gt4 shell, has axles and hubs but no suspension.

If it had suspension I would wack some wheels on. I do have st202 struts and springs. I could put on, but that's not going to bolt up to the gt4 except the top. Guessing that's not going to support the car to wheel it (especially 4 wheel drive).

Any thoughts ? Rent some dollies to push it on ? Need to get it from aldershot to beks near Portsmouth.

Edited by digs

Most transporters would be able to drag it on - but it may damage the underside slightly.

Dolly's would be no good - I damaged one of mine trying to get a car off a transporter - wheels are just to small for anything other than a smooth surface

thanks, don't care about the bottom of the shell, as it's going to be scrapped, will keep looking for transporters that can winch it on then.

thanks for info on dollies :)

I could lend you some superstrut shocks and springs and also some wheels

cheers buddy but too far away....plus the rest of the suspension is gone just subframe left. appreciate the offer though :)

Could easily get something under it, some kind of small frame trailer or something.....

Edited by digs

trailer

hoist the dam thing as high as possible on its arse end so the fronts pointing to the sky

push trailer under and chock the wheels

genitally lower onto the trailer

strap and your away

flat trailer without sides , engine hoist can be used to do the job , make sure the scrappers its going to is happy to lift it off the trailer with forklift/crane , fill car with other shit you really dont want and bring the petrol tank with water ( naughty boy )

• Like 1

Does it have the rear arms as I'm sending a pallet down to bek in the next 10 days just waiting on confirmation of a day off

not sure, will have to check :)

Will Tonk no pull it on or is it still poorly?

no engine!

If you are scrapping it, they will just drag it on with a winch, that's what they did with mine last week. A few bits of wood was all that was needed.

going to beks first, looking for a transport firm that would be happy to do just that, winch it on, as not concerned over body damage.

trailer

hoist the dam thing as high as possible on its arse end so the fronts pointing to the sky

push trailer under and chock the wheels

genitally lower onto the trailer

strap and your away

flat trailer without sides , engine hoist can be used to do the job , make sure the scrappers its going to is happy to lift it off the trailer with forklift/crane , fill car with other shit you really dont want and bring the petrol tank with water ( naughty boy )

cheers, looking for trailers to rent and chat to my friend that loves his 4 by 4 so it's about time he showed me what it can do....could be an option :)

I have a number for a guy in Horsham that i have used a couple of times, he hires transporters out £100 for the day?

Thanks, might have found someone but could you pm me his number in case ? thanks :)

If it's on its last journey to the scrappers just find a scrapyard with a Hiab on their lorry.

To Beks first, scrappy after :)

Give Baz a ring, he's very likely to be able to help. A fellow enthusiast.

http://www.rarshop.co.uk/

Baz's mobile (outside working hours - this is a 'hobby' at the moment) 07538 443328

Cheers, will take a look in a bit,

thanks for the help and advice guys!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.