Paint Vs wrap

The time has come where ive got the GT4 110% mechanically sound and i all the mods on it that ive always wanted. The very last thing on the list is the body work. Theres no rust but its 20 years old and not perfect. Lots of people have commented on how tidy it is but as the owner i know of every single imperfection. Its a bit ocd but im sure a few on here can relate to that.

Im now thinking of getting a full re-spray. Now im not normally a fan of the wraps. Carbon look wrap bonnets are very tacky in my opinion! My thinking is for the price of a respray i could have 3 or 4 colour changes for that kind of money. The whole car wrapped in one colour would look good i think.

Opinions? How are people with full body wraps getting on with then?

Hi well everyone to there own. Carbon/ spray .or wraps. Think its all about money pay more get better job on all. Carbon on the right car done correctly looks good .wrapping best u do your homework some ace some real shit regardless of the promises . full respray owch best the car be worth it and ur keeping it for life .ur never get ur money back .. My mate owns headly body shop and full respray starts at 1500.00

If the budget isn't a problem, I'd definitely go for a touch up respray in the original colour. Makes the car look great and will last for ages.

In previous topics about wraps it has been mentioned that they can ruin the paint underneath, so you'd need to respray if you wanted to remove it, potentially..

Wrap's can last a couple of years but a decent respray could last for decades. Yuou'll also get to see firsthand what lies under that paint etc. I'd go that route if the cost isn't too prohibitive.

My thoughts too.

We use vinyl stickers on our electric vehicles. The ones customers sit on are knackered within a year - colour worn off and cuts / tears where it is very soft. The ones on the sides, front etc. are normally badly faded in 2 - 3 years.

On old ones I've re-sprayed with 2K paint, they're still fine after 4 odd years even the bits which are sat on.

...Wrap in any colour looking at around £600

That's too cheap. A decent wrap will be near £1000 if you want it to last. It's a pity you're too far from Northampton, my brother would have been happy to give you a quote.

Id go with the tried and tested respray personally. Nothing better than a nice shiny gleaming paintjob!

Then again, it also depends on how often you like to clean your car... If you keep leaving it too long, get a wrap, it washes easier and dirt wont affect it :P

Edited by Fuppylodders

I have plastidip on the roof of another car and it only lasted 12 months and started to look shite, some of it is not uv stable, plastidip #uk dodged every question I asked them about its longevity and uv resistance. I have and do use plastidip on some small bits but would I use it to cover the whole car, question it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.