Rattle Can Primer Advice Needed

Cravo

Hi guys

I have tried the following rattle can primers

Halfords - Garbage

Plastikote - Spits and Splutters

Hycote - Too Wet

U-Pol - Spits and Splutters

Anyone got any more recommendations, cheers.

Haha, nah its one thing I know I am pretty good at :lol:

It just ran and ran every time I used it so I gave up in the end and tried the others. I was really disappointed with the plastikote primer cos their colours are immense

Ah right that might explain it then. I didnt even bother when i did my centre console and just applied really thing coats :lol:

Covered it ok but i want to do the engine plastics this weekend and do it right first time :thumbs:

may tricks be mentioned before. make sure you shake it for way longer than you think you should (or the can says).

put the cans in a bowl of warm water before shaking them up. keep the cans in warm water between coats. (if done in the say day).

always use many thin coats.

if you have the time and want the best result then spraying at a far enough distance that you only get a 50% total cover (so you can still see through the layer you just put on). then build the layers up every time its almost dry in the same way.

The only time I have ever had issues is when the cans are cold. I tend to stand them in a bowl of warm water for about 15 mins before I do any spraying. Not sure if is the proper thing to do, but I seem to get better results that way.

That's a great tip thanks guys I will get some and give that a go.

Anyone know the expiry of aerosol paint once it's been opened I have a few primers and paints that I opened a bit back but if I can save me self a few quid and use them I'll be happier haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.