Gen 7 and gen 6 owners help steering wheel issue

Tazz

20140210.jpg
20140211.jpg
20140212.jpg

These are the pictures of the gen 7 wheel i have as you can see in the last two pictures the pin thats sticking out needs a contact point to push the pin in when the horn is pressed.

Is there a way of connecting a wire to it without the pin do ya think as i dont want to wire up that airbag spinion incase it goes off as i have no airbags in my celica and i think if i add power to that boom it goes off.

t2ec1610.jpg

This is the back of my old gen 6 steering wheel with a contact point but in the gen 7 when i ask a guy for it he says he has a airbag spindel with a wire out of it for the horn.

John mate you are missing the gen 7 air bag ring that should have come with it, without it you have no connection . I take it your GT4 doesn't have an airbag originally? The gen 7 wheel works easier with the airbag type wheel I haven't seen any put on a non airbag 93-95 gen6, 95-98 mechanical air bag you just need the connection off the gen 7 ring and 98-99 is a straight swap. Hope this helps mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You need this mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-CELICA-VVTI-STEERING-WHEEL-AIR-BAG-WIRING-CLOCK-SLIP-SPRING-RING-SQUIB-/231080853357?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35cd7dff6d

it will activate the horn and as your car is non-air bag(although for a 96 i can't for the life of me understand why it hasn't an air bag)the bag is not wired up to an ECU or anything so the wire will only connect the horn not the bag.?

Also John looking at you gen 7 steering wheel the bag has already been adapted, as if you take off the bag you will see there is a connector block fitted(you can see it through spline hole) which means it has already been on a gen 6 with the mechanical airbag, so get a gen 7 ring cut the connection off an wire into block the job is a goodun.

If i get the spindle and plug it into the back of the airbag when will the other connection go ?

It might have had an airbag allready but it still has that pin to activate the horn which shouldnt be on a gt4 with an airbag should it ? it just should have the wire hanging out like wickie said that i would have to adapt the plug.

The thing thats confusing me is with the old steering wheel that contact point actuvated the horn now weather when you pressed the horn it moved the contact ring forward and activate the horn and when let off moved back into place.

With the airbag steering wheel is it just a loop of current and no contact pin at all to activate the horn.

Thats where im stuck if i get that airbag piece and connect it to the back of the airbag where does the other wire out go to if theres no plug to join them.

Will i be wasting my money on the airbag spinion that will do nothing only sit in its position and not move forward or bag to activate the pin to sound the horn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.