Car keyed :(

Yep dubs I think you are right, Ultimately I need a few bits for it, new bonnet and passenger door as someone had dented it (previous owner) and respray or vynal wrap.

Generally the car body work is "ok" I bought based on the fact it had had a recent engine transplant but the body needs a tidy when money allows... Getting it keyed is the final straw now though. I'll see if I can get a touch up pen on it for now.

Any ideas where to get these parts without paying moon money?

It's storm blue (210) I think ! Are you both heading to Portsdown tomorrow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep dubs I think you are right, Ultimately I need a few bits for it, new bonnet and passenger door as someone had dented it (previous owner) and respray or vynal wrap.

Generally the car body work is "ok" I bought based on the fact it had had a recent engine transplant but the body needs a tidy when money allows... Getting it keyed is the final straw now though. I'll see if I can get a touch up pen on it for now.

It's storm blue (210) I think ! Are you both heading to Portsdown tomorrow ?

I wont be, lack of job at mo means limited funds :(

In aldershot monkey, I'm linking up with liana at the shell on the A3 south if ya fancy heading to portsdown tomorrow ? I'll take a look at options for getting it sorted, but at the meet tomorrow my car is gonna look like a shed :(

I wont be, lack of job at mo means limited funds  :(

Oh no mate, what neck of the woods are you in ?

Heading out now to get a scratch lipstick lol

PM ams, it's not too far to drive for you, I think.

Yeah I don't get it, they don't even get to be there when I saw it and turned into a sufferer of Tourette's ! Grrrr

I wont be, lack of job at mo means limited funds  :(

I don't mind shouting ya some funds for fuel dude ! Pm me and I'll paypal some fuel mate ! Seems crazy you miss out

• Like 1

Although you will not make it disappear entirely, if you get a touch up pot of paint to match the vehicle, then thin it down a bit with thinners...

You can pull some into the scratch with a cloth, brush etc, then pull a bit of rubber to remove the excess.

Wait for it to dry. Rub back the "over spray(spill)"

Then touch it up again if you have hollow spots. And polish back.

This will hide the undercoat/primer/metal line you can see as the "scratch".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.