Toyota red coolant

Askari

just go and get it from mr t its easier and just as cheap as getting it from ebay after postage costs and you know its the real stuff and even then you could find it gets sent all over the place before you get it mine got sent from Sheffield to Ireland just to be sent over here again as royal mail felt the need to open it up twice to inspect it even then the person sending it which was a toyota dealership sent it first class after royal mail packed it the sent it standard parcel

Why does it have to be Toyota antifreeze out of curiosity??

Because of the primary agent in it. Well, it doesn't have to be Toyota but it has to be the same agent, otherwise you risk damaging the cooling system. The agent in Toyota's stuff is ethylene-glycol. If putting in any other coolant, you risk severe corrosion in the system.

Just to finish of this thread, I used the ebay link posted by Old Red Celica and brought 5L of premixed coolant from Burrows Motor Company in Sheffield, who were very efficient and quick - but unfortunately it leaked while in transit. There's not much lost but enough that I'm glad I realised the problem before opening the packaging - and therefore did so outside rather than inside. I got a swift apology when I emailed the company, so no complaints about their customer service, but next time I'm going to follow Carla's advice and just go to my local Mr T.

how many litres will be needed for the cooling system? im sure its going to be more than 5 litres no? and the toyota coolant is ready mixed not concentrated so cant even use water mix with it without making it too weak.

does this stuff have toyota approvals in the list?

check this: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/antifreeze-and-screenwash/red-antifreeze/?523770511&0&cc5_866

Ready Mix Ethylene glycol based Antifreeze, incorporating the latest in Organic Acid Technology (OAT) with winter protection up to -36 C upon dilution

• Suitable for all engine types conforming to British Standards BS6580 (2010) and VW G-12/TL-774D & VW G-12+/TL-774F, MAN 248 & MAN 324, MB 325.3, Renault 41-01-002 .
    • It can be left in the system as a coolant and rust inhibitor for up to a maximum of 5 years in accordance with vehicle manufacturers requirements

how many litres will be needed for the cooling system? im sure its going to be more than 5 litres no? and the toyota coolant is ready mixed not concentrated so cant even use water mix with it without making it too weak.

check this: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/antifreeze-and-screenwash/red-antifreeze/?523770511&0&cc5_866

Ready Mix Ethylene glycol based Antifreeze, incorporating the latest in Organic Acid Technology (OAT) with winter protection up to -36 C upon dilution

• Suitable for all engine types conforming to British Standards BS6580 (2010) and VW G-12/TL-774D & VW G-12+/TL-774F, MAN 248 & MAN 324, MB 325.3, Renault 41-01-002 .
    • It can be left in the system as a coolant and rust inhibitor for up to a maximum of 5 years in accordance with vehicle manufacturers requirements

buy the genuine stuff - it will be cheaper in the long run

I'd be surprised if you needed as much as five litres, mine only took four.

You can buy Toyota LongLife either concentrated or ready mixed.

For something that only needs changing once every few years, spend a little extra than the EuroCarParts O.A.T., and have the peace of mind knowing you have a quality coolant as recommended by the manufacturer.

Toyota ready mixed is £26, comes in a 5L container, and you'll be left with at least half a litre providing you don't chuck loads on the floor. You can't go wrong with that unlike everything else, and if you buy concentrated you'll have to factor in the cost of de-ionised water too!

Does eurocarparts coolant have the primary agent that's found in Toyota's coolant??

Can someone plz answer how exactly they differ and why you should buy the Toyota one other than the reason it has a Toyota label on it

After all do you use other engine oil other than Toyota engine?

Do you use gear oil other than Toyota gear oil?

Do you use power steering fluid other than Toyota power steering fluid?

Why does the same not apply to coolant?

Or are we merely buying just cause packet says 'toyota'??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.