Thatcham recommended car alarms for an older Celica

Sherv

Looking at getting a Thatcham 1 or 2 certified alarm for the ol' gen4 ....suggestions and idea of costs would be helpful ,many thanks.Has to be of that spec for insurance purposes,obviously needed to be fitted professionally

if your serious about security clifford is the hardest to get around , beyond this a toad is a cheaper jobbie

edit

costs , sorry forgot , figure 200 for a toady , 250 for a base clifford going upto 450 for the top clifford which opens doors and closes windows for you , beyond that your into 800 quid trackers

Edited by izzzzythedog

had a couple of scops and only had a fob go down on 1 , other than that its a cheaper end product that does the job , id go for a toad myself or lash the cash on a clifford , be warned the clifford proximity sensor will drive you friggin mad if you park your car in the road like we did

The Clifford are very unreliable. Did have a good conversation with the installer and he's said he always recommended toad products, they might not do all these fancy things the others do but they are reliable.

Ah and also I've now left my car for a week and the alarm on and the battery didn't go flat lol. I know a lot of alarms do drain the batteries

Can get a Clifford concept G5 fitted for around £350..Toad sounds a good bet though,Also they always state 'dependent on vehicle'.Slightly concerned about what may be involved with my car,mainly the fact the car only has key entry and central locking only locks both doors if you lock it with the passenger lock.Never had it working properly.Also the fact that the wiring on the car is now kind of bespoke Bek-ness,gen6 JDM loom with some custom wiring to enable the gen4 bits that the JDM car didnt incorporate.So them looking at a gen4 wiring diagram aint going to be helpful.

Just a suggestion why not buy mechanical devices , thatchem 3, stoplock pro and a battery cut off switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StopLock-Pro-Maximum-High-Security-Car-Steering-Wheel-Lock-/280729530191?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item415cc8af4f

Edited by Uncle Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.