Early mot ?

sonic

Back in June I taxed my celica, which failed an MOT about a month earlier, using an MOT certificate from October last year. No problem.

I hasten also to add that after the failed MOT I immediately repaired those things that the car failed on, but I did not take it back for another MOT. No need said DVLA you have a valid MOT from October and you're telling us your vehicle is roadworthy.

Back in June I taxed my celica, which failed an MOT about a month earlier, using an MOT certificate from October last year. No problem.

I hasten also to add that after the failed MOT I immediately repaired those things that the car failed on, but I did not take it back for another MOT. No need said DVLA you have a valid MOT from October and you're telling us your vehicle is roadworthy.

Was that through a post office? But when you put a car through an MOT everything gets put onto the data base but seems odd that DVLA would just take your word for it but then again I believe what DVLA say as they never make mistakes :hysterical:

The only thing I can think of is, if you do have a current valid MOT then DVLA will ignore the new results but how will that stand with the police and insurance I wonder? Dorris

rock up

`` i would like a pre mot inspection please ``

`` certainly sir , that will be 25 quid ``

yes its this simple

as everyone else says though , trundle around with your screen caved in and a 20 inch exhaust knowing theres a bit of a4 that says your ok and a computer out there that says NO then your asking for trouble , cops are joyless bastards at the best of times but expect them to be fighting it out across the bonnet of your car for the glory to royally f@ck you in court , after all an mot inspector has already done the suck through the teeth and slow shake of head , this will be recorded , you can argue all you like that pc. excited isnt an mot inspector (do this at the side of the road and they will tow it so dont do that ) but this will cut no ice considering the cops word is golden and your a scruffy 3 nippled local , driving knowing its a death trap ?, lets call it a nice big fine and a colourfull licence

so a pre mot inspection is the way to go , also you can moan like a twat if it then goes onto fail the mot as hes already inspected it hasnt he ? so why did he miss it and dontcha think it should pass seeing as you have already looked at it etc etc

do this 2 months before the mot runs out then present the car 3 weeks later ( once any works that needs doing is done ) for the real mot , take your current certificate to enable 13 months mot on the car

Does the mot certificate not say " to preserve the date on this certificate, you cannot present the vehicle for a test before....." I think it's 30 days prior to that one expiring. If you test the car before that date, does it not invalidate the current one? :blink:

rock up

yes its this simple

as everyone else says though , trundle around with your screen caved in and a 20 inch exhaust knowing theres a bit of a4 that says your ok and a computer out there that says NO then your asking for trouble , cops are joyless bastards at the best of times but expect them to be fighting it out across the bonnet of your car for the glory to royally f@ck you in court , after all an mot inspector has already done the suck through the teeth and slow shake of head , this will be recorded , you can argue all you like that pc. excited isnt an mot inspector (do this at the side of the road and they will tow it so dont do that ) but this will cut no ice considering the cops word is golden and your a scruffy 3 nippled local , driving knowing its a death trap ?, lets call it a nice big fine and a colourfull licence

so a pre mot inspection is the way to go , also you can moan like a twat if it then goes onto fail the mot as hes already inspected it hasnt he ? so why did he miss it and dontcha think it should pass seeing as you have already looked at it etc etc

do this 2 months before the mot runs out then present the car 3 weeks later ( once any works that needs doing is done ) for the real mot , take your current certificate to enable 13 months mot on the car

Such an elegant way with words as usual :lol: but hit the nail on the head again. Dorris

rock up

yes its this simple

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.