Who's Pushing the Boundaries?

Bubba

Interested to know who know is pushing the boundaries of modifying your favourite Celica.

How has the scene changed since I used to kick around here?

Has anyone actually managed to 4wd and SC (in the same car) a Gen 7, Has anyone got a Celica Gen 7 over 500bhp? (Se7en?) how has the new GT86 got you going? (to me great looking car but shame about the weak engine!)

I think Viets was running 477bhp before he broke it for parts , Engine going in an mr2s now

320 - 350 bhp seems the norm for the charged 7

As for the GT86 there are a number of companies doing charger kits for these now pushing out 300bhp so im guessing its quite a lively motor at that , still too expensive to start playing with as yet for most of us

and Se7en is part way through the 4wd conversion so things are moving along all but at a slower pace

Edited by Bumblebee

I have been trying to push the boundaries of NA tuning. My cylinder head maching and parts bill alone was ridiculous. To get more gains I really need to go high compression. But for all the spend so far and only to see 190bhp it's a bit down heartening. The car was great and pulled like a train compared to stock. And the chassis upgrades have been awesome. Handled amazing... Well it did till I smashed the rocker arms 50 miles after picking it up from having new tein coilovers out on her!! She now sit in the garage awaiting the new TRD engine I bought which I will fit my worked head to along with some stage 2 cams and rebuild it. Think the custom cams were too aggressive, and led to the rockers giving up!

Also stage 2's can be used with boost. Which I miss too much. End game for mine will be mounting the engine in line to a supra 6-speed box and rear drive conversion. Aiming for 600bhp 2.0ltr turbo. Need some pennies first!! Got wedding to pay for haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.