Just noticed this!

GT190

I haven't used the car since last wk end when I was away to Burntisland with the kids for the wk end so tonight I decided to wash her and found that some w@nker has hit the rear passenger side when my car was parked outside my hotel.

Took the paint clean off and left a gouge mark too. I'm absolutely raging!!!!!

DSC_1200-1.jpg

DSC_1199.jpg

DSC_1196.jpg

Edited by GT190

I'm gonna see a boy in my old work marty and get it done, may wait till I get the Sports M spats or TRD valance and do the lot at once.

Just something I could do without as I'm absolutely skinto at the mo :(

Fair enough mate, mine will be going in after my cams go in (need to make sure I have enough money for any problems that crop up) hopefully my car is easy enough to fit the cams then I will see if I have a spare 400 quid to get the spraying done.

:lol: Mine's been like that for over a year mate, it's a bumper that's what it's for. It's placcy, it won't rust.

I HATE any marks on my car plastic or not, It makes it look as if you don't care about how it looks and I like to have it gleaming all the time.

Hopefully all will go well for you Marty with the cams and then get the paintwork sorted :D

I've got the same on the passenger side, but I've painted the bumper twice so it can wait this time l

That would totally annoy me after been done twice!

feel for you bud, these things are a big part of the reason mines is rattlecan. recently spent £5 respraying the rear end (in a layby)

having a shiny pride and joy ruined by others just gauls me!

Will admit however, I dont believe mine warrants an expensive and fancy paintjob! so therein lies the difference!

Hopefully all will go well for you Marty with the cams and then get the paintwork sorted :D

That would totally annoy me after been done twice!

I'm kind of used to it living in the middle of cardiff on a busy road. , I paint myself in a friends booth so it's no big deal or cost. Not the worlds best painter but good enough for me. (And them it would seem)

Somebody has hit my passenger 1/4 panel and put a dent in it, not something I feel I'm good enough to paint. That pissed me off!

I'm kind of used to it living in the middle of cardiff on a busy road. , I paint myself in a friends booth so it's no big deal or cost. Not the worlds best painter but good enough for me. (And them it would seem)

Somebody has hit my passenger 1/4 panel and put a dent in it, not something I feel I'm good enough to paint. That pissed me off!

I'm glad it's only the bumper and not the 1/4 panel, that would totally piss me off!

Recently had my bumper sprayed by what used to be chips away and is now car body express. Same thing really, just a local guy running a franchise. He quoted 100 for any section and I needed the spoiler doing as well because a big pack of lacquer had peeled and the paint faded. So 200 all in.

Here is the bumper before (courtesy of parking w**ker)...

be487e7c43684fbc1ed832fd0c2fdb15_zpsb9af

And the respray which was only the damaged area that he managed to blend in...

9e617766f2899d9cbaeb99cd1a9fe2ad_zps9712

I'm very pleased.

It makes me so angry how other people dont give a shit about their own cars and treat other peoples cars with the same disrespect! i came back to my car one day and found some jockey with a jalopy had parked way too close to my car and had made a small scrape on my drivers door. Unfortunately i lose my temper too quick, i cant tell someone off and then leave if they give me cheek back, i want them to accept what they have done and apologise like a grown up should. Thankfully the damage was negligible and i just left but since then im the car that parks on its own in the far corner at the shops where no one wants to park cos its too far away from the front doors.

I was looking at doing a Chipsaway course this year but never came off due to cost.However I spent a fair bit of time at the HQ looking at how the system works,and also a couple days out on the road with a couple of the franchisees in the Kent area and they were very professional ,the ones I was with and did a good job on damage like that.That colour isn't one of the simplest to blend in,but im sure they could do a good job for a reasonable price.Also worth mentioning that they will mix the paint in the van on site,so if you have any other little bits in other areas of the car,wing mirrors,etc etc then they will do you a deal for the whole lot as they are there already and have the paint ready to go

You get all the bits done ,and the guy is happy as hes made a few extra quid for a little extra work.

hotel car parks are normally covered by cctv might be worth asking them find out if it was caught on camera

Wasn't a big fancy hotel, small family run one so no cctv :(

I always park away from everyone else when I'm out if I can, hate cars either side of me.

My dad lives in Poland and he takes pics of the cars either side of him when he parks.

it makes me angry when people do this and leave, they normally have some sh*tbox of a car, your car always comes off worse, and yet if you damaged their car in the same way you are guaranteed they will see you do it, and try to extort money out of you in excess of what their cr*p wagon is worth, role on judgement day whenthey can all be sent to hell

not good mate , i have loads of patched up areas , even areas that look like someone has touched up the car with humbrol paint , trouble is because storm blue looks black guess what colour theyve applied to the car ... idiots ,scratches i still need to get out as well .its one thing that stands out and i hate it about my car but hey its a car that was poorly looked after (they probably used a sponge when washing it which is like rubbing stones over the paintwork. and a lot of dents , apparently the owners before the last owner were females and he said he recieved the car as it was last march ..

It definately wasnt him as he also owned a gen5 too :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.