Halfords oil on offer..but be quick

oooooo! How much required for a TSport change please?

arrghh just checked link. too many choices. Which is it for road use but where lift frequently engaged please guys?

. 5.40 fully synth?

and what grade for an mx5 1.8 and an FTO GP? at those prices it would be rude not to buy for all 3!!!

Halfords checker says 5/30 part synth for mine andthe mx5 but 15/40 mineral for the FTO but thats an oil for non injected motors!

Edited by daytona

You know you have a deal when 4L is cheaper than 1L :)

Is it 5w30 semi-synthetic for a Gen 7 140? and 4L is enough for the change?

Should be ok. Opinions elsewhere is only need 5/40 for track use and whilst I use lift regularly it's seconds not minutes so 5/30 semi synth seems all round ok for the 3 motors, but then again if you can extra protection for nowt...... Halfords site recommends mineral oil for non injection cars for FTO. Bolleaux to that! Beware!

Seems to be about 4.5 litres to do a change. I'll be buying bulk for free delivery unless it's available in store on the way home tonight!

Edited by daytona

Feel bad putting something in my car that says 'Ford' on the label :(

Your items have been reserved for you

Your reservation confirmation has been sent to your email.

Halfords 5W30 Part Synthetic Motor Oil 4L - Ford

Item code : 338712

Thanks Kev!

Edited by WillVVTi

Should i cancel my semi-synthetic and replace with fully synthetic?

I don't even know the difference :)

You will be fine!

Fully synth is generally for higher performance stuff, lasts better etc but not worth the extra price for normal motoring. Mazda site I checked recommended it (semi) for sons 2.5 MX5 but then puts fully synth as an upgrade so why not recommend it in the 1st place? Reputed to burn off a bit quick on high mileage cars but the TSport and MX5 both sub 70 k and the FTO on fully synth now so I'm going "fully". Doesn't mean its right for someone elses motoring though.

Overall damn sight more important to keep it fresh rather that stress out over fully or semi in a bog standard gen 7. Hence did a full change 200 miles after I bought it and looking to flush it again 2500 miles later. At a tenner a pop rude not to as she's a keeper :D

best short explanation I can find for you.... taking into account its Shell flogging fully synth of course ;)

http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/consumer-lubricants-tpkg/cars/how-oil-works/synthetic-oil.html

Edited by daytona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.