Where Have You Been In Your Celica Today?

The Simplon pass,the tactic used by every England football team ,ever.

Must be a beautiful trip through those regions,beats going up and down your local high street scaring pensioners with your dump valve Dubs :lol:;)

As Wifey went into hospital today, the celica was my chosen patient transport. I've been to and fro 3 times today at 30 miles each way. The first trip was a gentle drive at 06.00 with the patient on board - the other 150 miles were a bit less gentle taking local 'fun to drive' countryside back roads that I know well. Only one trip planned for tomorrow, so I'm going to take her Cooper S and try that out and use some of her fuel.

The Simplon pass,the tactic used by every England football team ,ever.

Must be a beautiful trip through those regions,beats going up and down your local high street scaring pensioners with your dump valve Dubs :lol:;)

No, you're confusing it with the Simpleton Pass.

The South of Switzerland is beautiful but sadly ruined by the Swiss religiously adhering to the speed rules and limited overtaking.

I have some pictures to post once I'm back in the UK, though those on my Facebook have gotten some previews.

£30 each way???? Has the charging criteria changed? Because a few years back that was for 24 hours, if you stayed over for a few days it was hundreds.

cheaper than IOW ferry then

The Isle of white ferry has always been a rip off

Mon to Friday 19 mile round trip to & from work, Friday I popped over to Wroxham (of Norfolk Broads fame) to get a quote on wheel refirb. (50mile round trip) then on Sunday a little trip to Snetterton for the Brit. Superbikes. (10 mile round trip.)

• 3 weeks later...

London to Plymouth and back, 500 miles of boring driving as I was trying my absolute best to get more than 200 miles on a full tank for the first time since iv owned the celica, did 400 miles before I went on red light

London to Plymouth and back, 500 miles of boring driving as I was trying my absolute best to get more than 200 miles on a full tank for the first time since iv owned the celica, did 400 miles before I went on red light

200 miles from a. Full tank? You must be constantly screaming round in lift....my 140 will do 380-400 on a full tank of spirited driving

Went for a drive on Saturday afternoon

Started in Bristol, drove to Chesptow, then through Wye Valley up to Monmouth, around the Forest of Dean and then back through some more country roads to Chepstow and back over the bridge to Bristol, stopped off at Southwest Marines on the way back to buy a new coral :)

Really good drive out in the country along some nice roads - will def be doing a similar route again, might extend it a bit more next time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.