What DONT you like about your Celica?

foxxy

No car is perfect if they are I can't afford them. Iv had Skoda to porkies 944 .and most makes in between other than Audi . all have crap points but all have plus point bit like the wife you learn to live and like them but being in love with therm means to except there down sides as long as they make u smile and can make your rev counter bouncy

When I had my gen 7 things I hated were complete lack of torque and shoody brakes they were my only two gripes

Now in the world of TDI I know why now almost all manufacturers opt for forced induction be it charger or turbo just = effortless drive through more torque when u need it most I.e. Overtaking, something you have to plan months in advanced in the gen 7

Don't get me wrong it was a good Car but it could have been a great car

All they needed were; pot piston brakes, factory fitted turbo/charger, cruise control, heated seats and a good gearbox ratios

Had this been done the residual values would be much higher and it would be a sort after commodity

My 2pence worth

Edited by Jay_28

You have sort of gone from one extreme to the other though Jay... high revving Petrol to the all torque 1.9 VAG unit.

I suspect in a few years you'll miss the revs and making it scream.

Both you need to be in the right rev range for a smooth overtake, the VAG unit needs to be around 1700rpm and the petrol 4000rpm+. Overtaking in the Celica makes me grin a lot more than in my TDI, just need to remember to drop 2/3 cogs instead of 1...

If they'd turbo'd from the start the car would have been more expensive from the start. You need all the ancillaries which makes things more complicated. Maintenance would be higher (FYI we had 3 VAG 1.9s in the office, 2 blew turbos one at 80k one at 140k...) and so would insurance.

Good point Dan, don't get me wrong I'm already missing my t sport and to be honest I wish I kept it aswell as the VAG Diesel

But yes high revving machine is what I miss on open country roads, I also have my eye on a DC2 as we speak lol

It would be nice if they at least made the Gen 7 GT supercharged or turbocharged from factory like the GT4 and kept all the other 140s and 190s as the way they are

Edited by alex282

I'm very happy with my gen7 aside from the bloody creaky and rattly boot/boot trim and not being able to find the cause...checked everything in the boot!.

Edited by LauBee

I'm very happy with my gen7 aside from the bloody creaky and rattly boot/boot trim and not being able to find the cause...checked everything in the boot!.

Had this with mine, have you tried putting some electrical/duct tape on the boot catch? This largely solved the issue on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by madcusslerfan

Had this with mine, have you tried putting some electrical/duct tape on the boot catch? This largely solved the issue on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I haven't, will have to give this a go, thanks! It was only a matter of time before I had to get the duct tape out!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.