What DONT you like about your Celica?

foxxy

We all like the cars we drive but as with anything there are annoying little (and large) characteristics, faults, foibles and peculiarities that you don't like about them, after all nothings perfect.......

that's easy solved, send it up to Mondo B)

Agreed, been on my "to do" list for a while, but other spends have always got in the way.

I could do with more main straight power.

Supercharger ;)

squeaks and rattles from the rear

Putting some electrical tape around the boot catch really helps with that, as does making sure theres nothing that can rattle around in the under-mat storage trays.

Edited by rich_p

Where I live (Lyme Regis) being very hilly I could do with a lot more torque and less gears (GEN7 140) It really struggles unless I rev it. I don't think the 140 needs 6 in the box.

I cant understand why Toyota produced 2 engines for the gen 7, both very different, both of the same capacity. They could have used a 190 detuned to 140bhp along side the 190.

Edited by foxxy

More power would be nice, as Jan & Shaun said about the rain coming in as soon as you open a window. The lack of a trip computer, but there again being basic does have it's advantages. Also the poor brakes. Apart from that, I love it

Where I live (Lyme Regis) being very hilly I could do with a lot more torque and less gears (GEN7 140) It really struggles unless I rev it. I don't think the 140 needs 6 in the box.

I cant understand why Toyota produced 2 engines for the gen 7, both very different, both of the same capacity. They could have used a 190 detuned to 140bhp along side the 190.

Lovely part of the country,used to holiday there as a kid,all the Mary Anning history looking for dinosaurs on the beach and stuff,used to go to Chesil beach along the coast too.Mum was always banging on about the Cobb,French Lieutenants woman and all that.

Back on topic,the one thing gen4 owners dont like. R U S T

Another thing I don't like with the Gen 7, too easy to select reverse when I want 1st gear, bloody embarrassing at traffic lights, maybe that's why there is a reverse warning beeper or my linkages are worn (169000 miles) or maybe I'm just an old git who cant select the right gear any more. (In 10 years or so I will be smelling of wee and trying to grope nurses I expect - I cant wait !) Either way, its only a matter of time before I reverse into some poor bugger behind me. :blink:

Edited by foxxy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.