Air-ride, people thoughts please

So after coming back from an awesome weekend at Modified Nationals and getting many ideas on Mods for my Gen5 showcar build i noticed that everyone seems to be going down the road of air-ride on their cars.

I must admit this does look pretty awesome espesh when the cars have 1 wheel off the ground or the whole car slammed to the floor.

Whats all your opinions on the suspension and fitted to a Gen5 St182?

:lol: some 22" chromes would look good as well when you're cruising through the ghetto.

Haha, dont forget the spinners lol

expensive and very heavy, think the ride quality isnt great either

Im only gonna be using my Celica for Meets and car shows, possibly 1 evening a week, after building a show car. Got the company car for everyday driving (plus it uses little fuel :))

Please don't. We aren't Dubwagons, it's just such a...well...teenage thing to do =/ Handles like crap, feels horrible, the tank looks ridiculous and it's stupidly expensive...

Get some nice coilies instead :D

It is a very "euro" thing to do.... Suppose the jap scene is a bit different to the vag scene.

Some cars suit it. Some dont. I guess you have to dare to be different but sometimes it doesnt pay off....

Airbags are gay.

Even in the vdub scene a lot of people despise them...they allow you to drop the car down to a fake unrealistic height, that the car can't be driven around at.

Coilovers are the proper way to low-ness B)

Edited by Alistair_GT

I think that once the novelty of it had worn off you might regret the decision, I saw an old Audi with airside suspension and it did look good,not sure how long it lasts though as surely the rubber bags would perish after a while? Never seen it done on a gen 5 though, it could be interesting??? And once the airside novelty had worn off you could use the compressor for some horn blaster air horns :)

I think a 5 would look pretty good doing a car dance, you need to give it a go and follow your instinct.

Asking on here is only going to give you the answer you don't want to hear.

As for airbag reliability, not sure. The Landcruiser has them fitted to the rear axle on some models and I have yet to see them perish, but after market ones could be different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.