Cravo is moving to the dark side - Formerly Tentative Interest Thread

Cravo

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol not a gen 7 matey.

Myk keep hold for me fella cos I might still keep the celi yet. Looks like the test drive isn't happening tho today :(

Think I should just say what I'm going to look into cos it could drag on and I don't want to be annoying :lol:

Clue - Toyota, Coupe. Older model. Already been mentioned :lol:

You should get it from that easily.

Edited by Cravo

Just say it! (Even though he hasn't been in a gt4 yet it may change his mind).

Also just a bit of info Cravo, I spoke to an ex owner of the car in hand and he said he said its a pain to drive as a daily and his skyline r33 gtt was a much easier car to cope with.

Edited by tombrady

Nice car but it would have to be a white, 3L twin turbo, aero top for me, but it would have to be a weekend car as they are real gas guzzlers. I hope you have shares in Shell if you're going to use it as a daily LOL

Haha. I know mate that's why I'm going for the NA for now. Booked at 29mpg but in reality it's probably closer to 20. But luckily I only work 3 miles away so can allow for that ;)

Insurance and tax is negligible. Tax actually cheaper than the celi as it falls under the old tax banding system :thumbs:

Only sticker is the RWD element. Bus route runs from right outside my house to right outside work so winter not going to be a big issue really. Only thing is I had a 3 series BMW and hated it the way it drove so will see how the supra feels and then make my mind up properly. If not ill be keeping the gen 7 and getting it wrapped white :)

Just done a bit more research as I used to really fancy one of these. I lifted these mpg figures from the link below (US figure but they are the same engine)

Naturally Aspirated 5 speed

18/23 mpg (urban/highway)

Auto - 18/24mpg

Twin Turbo 6 Speed

17/23mpg

Auto 19/23mpg

On the track its single figure mpg, giving it some around town drops to 12.4mpg, driven conservatively on the motorway sees 25mpg.

You've probably seen all this before but there is a good discussion of it here:

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-4705.html

Get the turbo, get the turbo, get the turbo! :D

Also check out the weights, its a bit of a fatty as the Gen 7 is only 1145kg:

Stock car weights:

N/A= 1,460 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 25kg)

TT (UK/Euro/US)= 1,550 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 4.5kg)

TT (J-Spec)= 1,510 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 4.5kg)

You're going to need the turbo to drag its fat ass around LOL

Just done a bit more research as I used to really fancy one of these. I lifted these mpg figures from the link below (US figure but they are the same engine)

Naturally Aspirated 5 speed

18/23 mpg (urban/highway)

Auto - 18/24mpg

Twin Turbo 6 Speed

17/23mpg

Auto 19/23mpg

On the track its single figure mpg, giving it some around town drops to 12.4mpg, driven conservatively on the motorway sees 25mpg.

You've probably seen all this before but there is a good discussion of it here:

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-4705.html

Get the turbo, get the turbo, get the turbo! :D

Also check out the weights, its a bit of a fatty as the Gen 7 is only 1145kg:

Stock car weights:

N/A= 1,460 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 25kg)

TT (UK/Euro/US)= 1,550 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 4.5kg)

TT (J-Spec)= 1,510 kg (Aero + 18kg, Auto + 4.5kg)

You're going to need the turbo to drag its fat ass around LOL

This man speaks sense :)

Haha I know I know but I could get a mint NA for my budget or a tatty turbo and I wouldn't have what's left over to get it mint.

Import Turbo your lookin at £4k - £5k for a decent one. Uk spec £10k plus for a good one.

Been on the mkiv supra forum this week doing some research. There's one in alfreton I was hoping to take for a test today but he didn't get back to me to see how the rwd feels :)

I thought about 8k was about the price for a decent Turbo one where an NA is like 4.

Obviously that's a lot off difference, I can see you getting an NA and get fed up of it after a while. 0-60 is 6.5 secs which is probably not far off 190 times I bet? Ok to top speed of 150 will be better but when are going to use that speed?

I know it's not all about power and speed because they are lovely looking cars but when your on par with a Honda Integra off the bypass I think you would be having second thoughts :)

Edited by tombrady

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.