SubWoof dilemma

So i recently installed a double din stereo for my gen 7 and am really impressed with the standard speaker sound. But, as i am a big house music head, it requires a lot of bass, and with bass comes rattle with my standards and also not getting the depth of bass. So my dilemma is: Do i buy a little active sub OR buy the Custom ice enclosure and buy my own amp and 12" sub.

I don't want to spend too much money on the setup as i'd rather spend the money on other upgrades. but could i buy a decent 12" + amp setup for around 60 pound? I have been in a few audio shops and they have baffled me with all this terminology and its beyond me of how to match a sub with an amp.

or, will a little active pre made sub produce a better sound, although i'll have to sacrifice the looks of a boot build

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MitchAtheis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-fit-Sub-boxes-Toyota-Celica-140-190-fibreglass-stealth-box-boot-build-/140867270012?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item20cc57f57c

pretty sure someone on the forum makes these...

i have a 12" fli sub with built in amp in the boot, wires run under the trim out through the door and into the engine bay to the battery but it does take up a fair bit of boot space... although the bass is worth it ;)

I'm in the eastern side, 10 minutes from Southend, does he have a site?

He did have, I think its still online If not look on facebook for his group page. His shop called "In Car Toys", he used to be based up by St Johns hospital but landlord ended the lease. He now on roxwell road past the Tip and public weigh Bridge on the right hand side.

He deals with stuff like Cerwin and Rockford Fosgate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.