Taking the car apart today

So. Today i will mostly be taking the passenger wing and door off and replacing with the new bits

Any advice appreciated.

Mek where is this guide re locking barrel, will be back on here this afternoon. As the lock is my main worry

Football this morning ,so will be making a start after lunch.

Anyone in the area welcome to call and watch. ( or help)

So. Today i will mostly be taking the passenger wing and door off and replacing with the new bits

Any advice appreciated.

Mek where is this guide re locking barrel, will be back on here this afternoon. As the lock is my main worry

Football this morning ,so will be making a start after lunch.

Anyone in the area welcome to call and watch. ( or help)

Ahh I forgot about that lol! I'll try and get something knocked up about lunch time mate :)

so got out this afternoon, took passenger wing off, which included, lowering bumper, and side skirt. also removed light for a bit more access.

manged to get the lock out of existing door and removed door, which involved removing glove box, door card and part of the interior.

fitted new wing, and bolted bumper back up then realised i hadn't put the light on and not connected the bolt that goes thru the wing and into the headlight.

so bumper back off and fitted correctly, had a job lining the wing and bumper up, which when done, the light did not sit correctly.

so, give up on that and tried to fit the new door, christ, this was impossible on my own , so rang a pal who couldn't make it til 5pm.

sat in frustration and decided to take wing back off. got half way thru when my mate turned up.

we got the door on but it was catching on the wing, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. getting hightly peed off now.

eventually took the new wing off and positioned the old wing , fit like a glove. i now think the original wing is slightly warped or bent to fit.

got too dark to carry on so, door on without the lock. old wing temp bolted on. will start again tomorrow afternoon. but i feel i am gonna be stuck with the original wing.

and NOT looking forward to trying to fit the door lock. will try to put pics up when i figure out photobucket

pics on my mod thread

Edited by razor2812

in the cold light of day, the door (t cut) slightly different shade to rest of the car, so gonna have to t cut the whole car.

gonna replace interior this afternoon, re try new wing. if it doesnt line up, gonna have to put old wing back on.

then the door lock , not looking forward to this at all.

not sure whether t cut will help make this match :( sometimes the paint is just a slightly different shade

good luck with getting it back together and doing the door lock, i hope you have a better day than yesterday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.