celica and snow

welly24

well guys the snow has landed an iv got the worst car on the planet it wont f---ing move its stuck ,its the first time in over 40 years of driving ive ever bin stuck ,if i had any hair left id have ripped the twat out this morning .i pride myself that i love snow and can drive anywhere but no.....iv rallied cars in all kinds of weather ive ridden motocross in mud and snow ,i love snow but today this thing iv built is a bitch it wont go forward it wont go back it goes sideways ,if i was drifting , which i love i would be happy but no it wucking font .well rant over ......safe driving to all

Dug my gen 5 out yesterday she was ok in the white stuff but i did get stuck 200 yrds from home.

Steep hill sharp left hand bend with a hell of a camber she whent sideways.Had to walk up to the house get the shovel and dig her up round.

Fair play to her though it was about 7" of snow on the road up hear

My old 6 was great in snow, went through everything i threw at it without snow tyres, the gen 5 isnt so great but its absolutely fine with snow tyres on so am putting it down to the goodyear eagles that were on it making it rubbish

wish i had the gt4 back on the road to try out though :(

my 7 has never properly left me stuck, had 4 inches on the ground on thursday and it got through it.

Had winter tyres on about 2 years ago - and it was even better back then - they do make a huge difference

It's just not worth the risk IMO, even if you have winter tyres on your own car, it only takes one idiot who hasn't to crash into your car, and since most of our cars on getting on these days (Gen 6 and older) most would end up getting written off for minor damage)

Have to agree with this one, lots of people panic in this weather and instead of actually plan what your going to do they make sudden stupud moves that cause accidents, these are the people that make a mess of your beloved car.

It's just not worth the risk IMO, even if you have winter tyres on your own car, it only takes one idiot who hasn't to crash into your car, and since most of our cars on getting on these days (Gen 6 and older) most would end up getting written off for minor damage)

the 7 is sitting under a nice blanket of snow, and will only be moving if we absolutely need to drive somewhere

Miss the GT-Four now, as it was perfect in the snow! (when it started, hated starting in the cold)

Not saved up enough yet to get the Hilux/4Runner for the OH

Edited by Monkey_matt

LOL yep you do get stuck behind others not willing to move, but hey you sit back and wait for them to get out of the area eventually, with a big 2.5 ton diesel thats all you can do so you learn things move slowly when in the 4x4.

mine's not too bad, you've just gotta drive sensibly in a high gear.

Had a few 'moments' on Sat when I ended up on a snow covered country lane, but decided to keep going instead of turning round :lol: Good fun and the ABS/TRC was making lots of amusing noises that would nodoubt panic someone who doesn't know what's going on.

Plus cars just look much prettier in the snow.

IMAG0886I_zpsd348d37b.jpg

Picked the gf up at dinner time from halfords car park. Not a single car in there so decided to try a bit of 4wd drifting around the island in the middle. First time I have got the back end out on the gt4, I must say it felt awsome! Albeit at 10mph :D

Edited by tombrady

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.