Trolley jacks for lowered Celicas

Sherv

Been looking at a few different jacks ,i've had my standard one for absolutley donkey's years now,and i reckon in the next few months im going to have to get another,mainly as i need a low entry racing jack because i have a hell of a job with mine.

What jack do members with lowered cars use?Any recommendations?You can spend a bloody fortune,obviously i want to get a decent one but i've seen a couple from about 40 quid onwards

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Low-Profile-2-Ton-Hydrualic-Trolley-Car-Jack-/251198165947?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a7c93d3bb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Low-Profile-Aluminium-LED-Racing-Trolley-Jack-1-5-Ton-GS-CE-/251067683698?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a74ccd372

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Ton-Low-Entry-Trolley-Jack-/170961323065?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item27ce16c439

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-TROLLEY-JACK-RACE-CAR-CTJ1250A-7621800-CLARKE-/400300923733?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item5d33cb5b55

..and beyond. i need to keep it well under 100 quid TBH,cheaper the better,but are the 35 quid ones really any good?What do you guys use

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a normal trolley jack (lowered on apex 35mm) slide it under the car in the gap between the tyre and the front bumper no problem :)

Ive got three, none of them lift my car high enough to take wheels off lol

2, 2.5 & 3ton

unless Im doing it wrong, I slide it between the two wheels and there is a big circle metal thing to put the jack under

Edited by Gimba

Well with a quick look at those I’d get the top one. Has consistant profile, the largest lift capacity at 2T and 4 proper wheels instead of silly rollers.

The second one is only a 1.5T, and for a lot more £££!

The third one will I expect be useless on a lowered car because of that HUGE bulge in its profile, unless all your jack points are only a few inches under the car!

And the forth at only 1.25T lift is frankly pathetic for that money!

The last one is only rated to 1250kg so needs to be out of the equation really.

Why Bryan?your not lifting the complete car of the ground?

The roller on the one i have can be awkward on uneven ground and make the jack a bit wobbly

Edited by bigb

Why Bryan?your not lifting the complete car of the ground?

Safety…even a slight drop in cylinder pressure could result in that jack failing and dropping your car to the ground with possibly catastrophic effects, especially if you happen to be under it positioning a jack stand at the time!!! Always best to have a bigger lift capacity than needed, that way you got spare to play with :thumbs:

Weight wise,1.25 should be plenty as i always prop up with an axle stand then move to the other side .I only really ever have pretty much half the cars weight on the jack at any one time.Ive got a 40mm drop and the front end sits pretty low ive only got 16s on a low profile 45 tyre so the clearance is minimal.

Clarke ones look ok.Top of my budget TBH.I do prefer the idea of 4 wheels rather tha a roller i think

Safety…even a slight drop in cylinder pressure could result in that jack failing and dropping your car to the ground with possibly catastrophic effects, especially if you happen to be under it positioning a jack stand at the time!!! Always best to have a bigger lift capacity than needed, that way you got spare to play with :thumbs:

Shouldn't really be under the car with no stand in the first place..if you are placing a axle stand under the car,leave the wheels on so atleast it would save you if your arm was just reaching under and the jack collapsed....

Weight wise,1.25 should be plenty as i always prop up with an axle stand then move to the other side .I only really ever have pretty much half the cars weight on the jack at any one time.Ive got a 40mm drop and the front end sits pretty low ive only got 16s on a low profile 45 tyre so the clearance is minimal.

Clarke ones look ok.Top of my budget TBH.I do prefer the idea of 4 wheels rather tha a roller i think

4 wheels would be better mate IMO..

Here is a link to one similar to the one I got from the missus for Christmas :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00647X5X2/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357511010&sr=8-9π=SL75

and here it is on the living room floor

IMAG1008.jpg

It lifts 2.25 Ton, its low profile having a height of only 8cm I can get it under the car on coilovers. I used to have to drive on bits of wood before I could get my old jack under.

It also has LED uplights so you can see where you are placing it and the best bit is the handle doubles up as wheel brace and the jack comes with a range of sockets clipped to the side to fit most wheel nut sizes. I've used it already and was very impressed.

Edited by Serratia

Get your self two breeze blocks put them by front wheels drive up slowly onto them then put your jack under and jack up from there If breeze blocks won't go under just find something that will go under but will lift it the height you need to get your jack under

Edited by carlasumm

I got it from amazon, but it wasn't that link above. Although it looks like the same jack, and I think it Is, I can't find the original amazon link sorry pal. I'll get some details off of it when I'm in the garage.

Edited by Serratia

Get your self two breeze blocks put them by front wheels drive up slowly onto them then put your jack under and jack up from there If breeze blocks won't go under just find something that will go under but will lift it the height you need to get your jack under

Your car isn't lowered is it?My car wouldn't drive up to breeze blocks without hitting the front bumper..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.