hold bucket firmly

swing bucket back with the open end facing the bonnet

swing bucket forward rapidly in the direction of the bonnet

keep hold of bucket

jump backwards as liquid exits bucket

admire handiwork

:hysterical:

i dunno.

maybe you could look into acid dipping... that'd strip it completely back to bare metal.

remove bonnet and place against a wall

pour lots paintstripper into bucket

stand facing bonnet

hold bucket firmly

swing bucket back with the open end facing the bonnet

swing bucket forward rapidly in the direction of the bonnet

keep hold of bucket

jump backwards as liquid exits bucket

admire handiwork

i dunno.

maybe you could look into acid dipping... that'd strip it completely back to bare metal.

Does it need stripping back? Surely a light sanding to key up first then spray over what is there? Obv spray a small test area first to check paints do not react as prob stated on tin. That's what I would do anyway unless u have a reason for wanting to strip back to bare?

Sand with wet & dry to take the shine off & to give a key for the new primer, base coat & top coat

As above.

You may need some filler primer in places if there are any stone chips or scratches, so you''ll need to spray the chipped area and sand flat a few times until the chip is flush with the rest of the paint.

If you really need to remove all the paint back to bare metal then Frost.co.uk do abrasive wheels for a drill that will remove paint without scoring the metal underneath.

Edited by Limeymk1

If its stonechips, filler primer would be the best bet. Unless there's something more sinister about the bonnet? But if there is then why is that the replacement :blink: this is exactly why people need to be thorough in first posts :lol:

1. If your not gonna completly strip it then give it one hell of a rub down , gradually getting finer and finer with the paper grit then prime.

OR

2.Grab some thick industrial gloves and get a hold of some NitroMurs (think thats how you spell it) and this S**t will take it back to the bare metal for sure :D

I would advise avoiding the complete stripdown though , but remember its all in the preperation and not just going nuts with the Spray gun / Rattle can ;)

Happy Painting :)

I wouldn't take it to metal, if it is stone chipped just skim the chips with some stopper and sand it back before filler primer and base,

If you do use any kind of paint stripper you might cause I headache in cleaning the panel completely to prevent the new paint reacting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.