what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted, new MAF Sensor on Thursday evening which, thankfully, resolved my bogging down issue. Managed to get a genuine, new Denso for £50.

Fitted stock airbox (with Butterfly valve) made up the missing part with some tube and t-pieces I ordered. Still had the 1 way valve on the car. I have no idea if it actually goes better, I didn't really notice much if any drop off with my Blitz Carbon WAI and what I think might be an improvement might just be down to perception from driving with a faulty MAF sensor for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Waiting on new another stock air box to arrive, which will hopefully join some of the engine plastics on a trip to BRD for some hydro dipping.

Then, get rid of my tatty old, 3m Psychedelic, wrap for some more refrained.

I'm thinking

Lemon Sting

Realizacja-TFK-Krakow.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Or Sunflower yellow

3M-Gloss-Sunflower-by-Elite-Dips-ABQ_lar

Assuming this contract lasts...

Edited by Freeman558

• 1 year later...

Todays task, Took car for MOT, passed. (with a couple of advisories).

Fitted wheel spacers to see how wheels sit  (certainly needs lowering now) Started investigating an auto box issue I may have.

Started pricing up for MOT advisories (rear shock & all springs replacement) to add to the list of parts already sorted for brake and suspension rebuild

Re-Waterproofed the roof.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2006 G7 with 110K. (Purchased in 2008 with 20K on the clock) - New oil pan sump fitted due to a rust pin hole.Other than routine servicing,brake disc's / pads,fan (aux drive) belt and a throttle body clean last year this is the first actual "repair" I have had to do.

osr 02.JPG

Edited by maizey
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

FqjOo9C.jpg

Play spot the difference!  :lol:

Purchased new backplates, drum brake blocks and new springs set, and new wheel bearings over two years ago so about time i had them fitted!

On the way home the cabin noise is noticeably quieter, wasn't sure if new bearings would improve this and it has, not hugely but definitely noticeable B)

ytNupmu.jpg

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.