what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Had my Gen 7 checked out for paint/body, needs a full respray bar the roof, first quote 4-6k pending no hidden gremlins to add to the cost, got another quote of 2k plus pending no problems that its a straight forward job.

Looking at others to see what they price at the moment. 

So doing the rounds today.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2019 at 17:16, commandosqueak said:

expect about 3-4 for a good job. but make sure you check out some of their work first

Got a quote from a place near me, comes highly recommended by people in the industry, 2.2k all in. Im happy with that, Ive seen their work. Freaking spectacular!. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally finished off the engine bay today, after leaving it standard this year.

The oil catch can should have been finished a few weeks ago but the company who I ordered the silicone hose from, first sent me the wrong internal diameter, then the wrong length, then...........the wrong colour and wrong internal diameter and the wrong length :brickwall:
I received what I wanted in the end because they had run out of wrong options to send me :lol:

I cut away the black plastic to get access to the can and split some black tubing to finish off the edge.

No it’s not turning into a build :lol:
The rest is staying standard but I just wanted to tidy up the engine bay for show season next year ;)

Here are some before and after photos.

876CD68E-2E50-4310-BF74-A8BBCC64B525.jpeg

7F313FE8-2F16-4935-B0E8-C4ED427DE286.jpeg

593E4A4A-B4C5-4813-9F17-6999D8144FEF.jpeg

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Well I finally finished off the engine bay today, after leaving it standard this year.

The oil catch can should have been finished a few weeks ago but the company who I ordered the silicone hose from, first sent me the wrong internal diameter, then the wrong length, then...........the wrong colour and wrong internal diameter and the wrong length :brickwall:
I received what I wanted in the end because they had run out of wrong options to send me :lol:

I cut away the black plastic to get access to the can and split some black tubing to finish off the edge.

No it’s not turning into a build :lol:
The rest is staying standard but I just wanted to tidy up the engine bay for show season next year ;)

Here are some before and after photos.

876CD68E-2E50-4310-BF74-A8BBCC64B525.jpeg

7F313FE8-2F16-4935-B0E8-C4ED427DE286.jpeg

Very clean job, looks great.

Love how you put the edge on the cutaway. Until I read that I was thinking "Do they normally come like that?"

(Yeah I might not have looking in my engine bay for a while.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

Very clean job, looks great.

Love how you put the edge on the cutaway. Until I read that I was thinking "Do they normally come like that?"

(Yeah I might not have looking in my engine bay for a while.)

Thanks mate.

Yeah splitting the tubing for the edge took a while to do but got there in the end :)

Went down Monday to visit the car so far the following:

New shocks and springs

New brakelines

Discs cleaned

Hubs restored

New Rear Subframe rust treated and painted Gloss back and fitted

Calibers cleaned, checked and painted red

New exhaust to go on

Lower front arms cleaned, checked, rust treated and painted black

Front Subframe checked, it's still solid, will be cleaned and all surface rust removed and rust treated and painted a nice gloss black.

IMG_20191216_093654.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For some time i've noticed that on my 'winter wheels' the tyre pressures at monthly check & top up times all the tyres lose one or two PSI except the front left which tend to lose around 5 or 6 PSI.  It's not good cos one can feel the car pulling to one side due to the left front tyre under-inflation.

It's been on my things that need doing list far too long, should have sorted it ages ago...

So today i decided to wash the car, thoroughly clean the wheels to spotless immaculate standards of ridiculous eccentricity, and then zoom off to my favourite local tyre centre and hand the car over to the experts to fix the problem. They checked all four tyres - all excellent condition plenty of tread no problems. The leaky tyre was quickly diagnosed with a faulty seal at base of valve -  replaced with brand new valve. Job done...

To early to know if the problem leak has been fixed yet but i have a good feeling it will be alright now :thumbsup:

On the way back from the tyre centre it rained buckets, loads of mucky truck spray flying through the air, and the roads winter filthy too. Getting out of my car at home i noticed my immaculately clean Celica was now even dirtier than how it was before i washed it earlier :angry:

How it was earlier:

89voxtq.jpg

Hiya wolfie your engine bay looks really nice a lot cleaner than mine.

The catchcan looks good what does that do and what benefits does it have? And is it easily plumbed in?

On 15/12/2019 at 17:40, Wolfie said:

Thanks mate.

Yeah splitting the tubing for the edge took a while to do but got there in the end :)

• 4 weeks later...

Got her started again after letting the battery run flat DOH! Had to do the immobiliser reset that Jeffers1 showed me when I first got her two years ago. Took her for a lively drive of about 60 miles in the glorious sunshine.  :thumbs:

Edited by meirion
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After giving her a really good sparkly clean on Monday I got up to this this morning! :o I've had to eat a whole box of Cadbury Fingers just to get over the trauma  :blink:

Freshly cleaned .

celicashine1.jpg

celicashine3.jpg

Then this morning. 

celicabonnetsmall.jpg

celicaroofsmall.jpg

celicatailsmall.jpg

AAAAAaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

Edited by meirion
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.