what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Was at japshow yesterday. Got myself some new wheel nuts and carbon fiber vinyl wrap while I was there and also fitted and calibrated my modded gauge cluster, it's got painted internals and the blue LED mod (not that you can see the blue LEDs through the orange numbers [emoji22]).67166f327499f2fc0a03e14fe611c8b2.jpg07001a967dcd4858548c9659ba99a645.jpg78a247ba0d04849943514e00fa11d6dc.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stone6356 said:

Was at japshow yesterday. Got myself some new wheel nuts and carbon fiber vinyl wrap while I was there and also fitted and calibrated my modded gauge cluster, it's got painted internals and the blue LED mod (not that you can see the blue LEDs through the orange numbers emoji22.png).

Nice, I managed not to buy anything there, which is good for me as I am normally a great believer in retail therapy.

Although this was helped by only bringing about £60 in cash and most of that going on Sausage and Chips :wacko:

Thanks again for those bits, really appreciate that.

• Like 1

Nice, I managed not to buy anything there, which is good for me as I am normally a great believer in retail therapy.
Although this was helped by only bringing about £60 in cash and most of that going on Sausage and Chips :wacko:

Thanks again for those bits, really appreciate that.

Yeah, I heard the food was expensive and not that great unfortunately. I bought my own because bi know how expensive big shows can be sometimes.

No problems mate, I'd rather someone get some use out of them because they were just doing nothing in a drawer in my shed!

And this is how to get dents out of your roof.... [emoji23] Heated it up with a heat gun and it expands out to the right shape, but when it cools the dent comes back. So I've used a scissor jack, a piece of wood and a microfiber cloth (to spread the load) to keep the roof in under pressure while it cools and hopefully that will get rid of the dent!

I will report back with my results in a while!d4fdda46d6de3a77d2f1d9d322af8588.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stone6356 said:

Was at japshow yesterday. Got myself some new wheel nuts and carbon fiber vinyl wrap while I was there and also fitted and calibrated my modded gauge cluster, it's got painted internals and the blue LED mod (not that you can see the blue LEDs through the orange numbers emoji22.png).67166f327499f2fc0a03e14fe611c8b2.jpg07001a967dcd4858548c9659ba99a645.jpg78a247ba0d04849943514e00fa11d6dc.jpg

That gauge cluster looked good when I saw it at the show, even better now that you’ve fitted it :thumbs:

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 1

Guest Ambermile
1 hour ago, Tomb said:

Good job, I may have to copy you in the future ;) are those washer jets on your bumper?

Yeah, just extended from the standard pump. Was going to fit HIDs so needed them for MOT test but went with LEDs in the end. 

Yeah, just extended from the standard pump. Was going to fit HIDs so needed them for MOT test but went with LEDs in the end. 
Hold up.... You need headlight washer jets to pass an MOT if you have HIDs fitted? I've got the factory spec HID headlights fitted to mine but never knew I would need washers to pass. Got my MOT in a couple of months, so I may swap them out just before if I do need them.

Guest Ambermile
4 hours ago, stone6356 said:

Hold up.... You need headlight washer jets to pass an MOT if you have HIDs fitted? I've got the factory spec HID headlights fitted to mine but never knew I would need washers to pass. Got my MOT in a couple of months, so I may swap them out just before if I do need them.

No only if aftermarket bulbs. If they are standard then you're good to go... Unless you're pushing out more than 2000 lumens, or you don't have a levelling device... Or there's a y in the month or if the tester got laid the night before. :D

There are new drafts for this stuff but as far as I'm aware projector housings with HIDs and a self levelling system (operated from the driving position) should be OK but there's a hint of the washers being needed for non standard on some references so I added them. 

Im sure there is something wrong with me - Im weekly waxing atm  - just love how water beads on the paint.  I'd prefer it if it didn't rain, and love well looked after paint on a summers day

Akuma Im going to look for some auto bright after seeing your car it looks something special

Preview attachment IMG_20190505_145159.jpg

Edited by tree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today after work I gave my baby a major hoover and clean inside and then a wash and polish.

F9918044-299B-44E3-A5DA-C15D20DFBF8D.jpeg

B58BB8C0-6E8D-47F0-963D-2F9482E7C58C.jpeg

887AA744-1564-4E54-819E-50CFCDA1C01E.jpeg

Always puts a smile on my face afterwards as I stare out the window at her in the car park. Still looks the best car there in my eyes lol

• Like 3

On 07/05/2019 at 08:43, tree said:

Im sure there is something wrong with me - Im weekly waxing atm  - just love how water beads on the paint.  I'd prefer it if it didn't rain, and love well looked after paint on a summers day

Akuma Im going to look for some auto bright after seeing your car it looks something special

Preview attachment IMG_20190505_145159.jpg

agree mate whats happened to them ?

• 2 weeks later...

Parted ex-ed him. :(

then I saw 3 gen 7's; a 140 and 2 GT's. I flashed them still thinking I was driving mine.

On the way home it took me 35 minutes to get from the M60 Stockport pyramid roundabout onto the slip road (that doesn't include the time spent crawling to the roundabout). I wouldn't have wished that on the old boy; but it kind of reminded me how bad the traffic is to actually enjoy the 190. I couldn't even get the space to hit lift over 19 miles. :cry:

20190624_183258.jpg

Farewell:

IMG-20190420-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Master flex
  • Sad 3

On 24/06/2019 at 18:39, Master flex said:

Parted ex-ed him. :(

then I saw 3 gen 7's; a 140 and 2 GT's. I flashed them still thinking I was driving mine.

On the way home it took me 35 minutes to get from the M60 Stockport pyramid roundabout onto the slip road (that doesn't include the time spent crawling to the roundabout). I wouldn't have wished that on the old boy; but it kind of reminded me how bad the traffic is to actually enjoy the 190. I couldn't even get the space to hit lift over 19 miles. :cry:

20190624_183258.jpg

Farewell:

IMG-20190420-WA0003.jpg

Shame mate, what's the replacement?

Nothing exotic unfortunately Spaff. I handed over my 107, celica and my Mrs 108 for another 108.

She has the 1.2 VTi engine in her current one and it is shocking for crawling in traffic. (great for a car designed for city driving) she loved the way the 107 drove bit didn't want to sacrifice on the benefits the 108; so went for the 108 with the same 1 Litre toyota block from the 1st generation Ago/ C1 / 107's.

At least if you close your eyes it sort of sounds like a V6, sort of.

20190607_152945.jpg

Sorry mods for the heresy pic [love you!]

Edited by Master flex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.