what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

I ran out of gold paint; again. So only managed to get halfway though. But it was much needed; it looked so tired when you opened the bonnet.

But I am impressed with the rivnuts and aluminium washers. I can't understand why I didn't do this sooner!

(They have not been tightened in this picture which is why the panels don't sit flush )

20190419_172030.jpg

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 2

On 16/04/2019 at 17:25, tree said:

Id like to try ferrodo discs and pads on 

I have the 295mm Avensis upgrade on the front.

Where do you guys ferrodo from  - didnt see that name mentioned on freaky parts

I dont have a reg for an avensis to use so will me navigating by a 2004  T25 avensis   295mm 5x100

Thanks

Boxed set of rear discs and pads from seller on ebay "autosessive " in Chester. You may be able to do a search for the Avensis parts, however,as you have non standard equipment best to contact them.

Thanks

Had a good look at the brakes and they don't actually need replacing yet (thought they did but always good to get prepared)  -  they just need a service as normal  -  front right has so much more brake dust build up than left.  

However ill research "autosessive " for future.     I try look at corporate here before looking elsewhere.

The "squeal" (its ear splitting) I get from them atm makes people stop and turn  - just like when I had a nova  (1.3L, 1.4 sr, 1.4sri, GSI) as a teenager  going under a bridge - knocking the ignition off pumping the accelerator and turning the ignition back on under bridge then boooooommmmmm

I'm sure some pedestrians had to pick themselves up off the floor after - but that was then and pre catalayst converter 1993?  and I'm not as immature now well...........

What have I done today - changed car oil ( ahead of service interval as usual)

- obsessed with cleaning atm  - 

Meguiar’s G3626EU Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax 768ml - only use this the day after a wash never for a full wash (even though this is what its intended for) 

Meguiar's G8216EU Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner 473 ml - great product

Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer 750ml - used this after reading about it here on these forums - addicted to it now.

I have always loved paintwork in prime condition, that smooth creamy feel that relects all your hard work, however the best is on a gorgeous summer day and the paintwork looks like you could dive into it.

(Oh and does anyone else get gently excited when you hose the car and the hydrophobic quality are clear to see - the water runs off like its allergic to the paint - or when driving down the motorway you dont need the windscreen wipers as the water just beads off the windscreen)

Thanks

Edited by tree
  • Like 1

On 16/04/2019 at 17:25, tree said:

Id like to try ferrodo discs and pads on 

I have the 295mm Avensis upgrade on the front.

Where do you guys ferrodo from  - didnt see that name mentioned on freaky parts

I dont have a reg for an avensis to use so will me navigating by a 2004  T25 avensis   295mm 5x100

Thanks

For the past couple of years i've had an Avensis Ferodo front disc eBay listing below in my watch list.

Please don't take my word that it's the correct fit for our Avensis upgrade to Celica hub, it needs confirmation from the mechanical experts here! 

It's also the eBay dealer 'Autosessive' [ based in Chester ] that is mentioned in above post by maizey ^

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferodo-DDF1315-Front-Right-Left-Brake-Discs-Pair-Vented-295mm-x-26mm-5-Hole/401440863377

I believe the criteria in question is the stud hole patten. Please can someone confirm...?

Test fitted one of the Kaminari skirts

It looked shit

Partly because the wrap was only done as far as the skirt and not the entire car.

Partly because black skirts on a "Grey" car don't look as good as I thought they might and

Partly because the paint job on the skirts is a bit naff... Actually the paint was ok until I clear coated it, then it looked shit.

Put the TRD ones back on.

Not decided what I will do with the Kaminari ones as yet.

• Sad 1

On 22/04/2019 at 15:21, Freeman558 said:

Test fitted one of the Kaminari skirts

It looked shit

Partly because the wrap was only done as far as the skirt and not the entire car.

Partly because black skirts on a "Grey" car don't look as good as I thought they might and

Partly because the paint job on the skirts is a bit naff... Actually the paint was ok until I clear coated it, then it looked shit.

Put the TRD ones back on.

Not decided what I will do with the Kaminari ones as yet.

I love the Kaminari skirts. Surely it's to do with the associated issues. Want me to Photoshop them on your car and colour match them; would be a shame to get rid of them unless you are 100% sure.

But that's just my opinion, let me know how much you want for them :lol:

4 hours ago, Master flex said:

I love the Kaminari skirts. Surely it's to do with the associated issues. Want me to Photoshop them on your car and colour match them; would be a shame to get rid of them unless you are 100% sure.

But that's just my opinion, let me know how much you want for them :lol:

I do too, although I had to go searching for Cravo's build thread to remind myself of how good they can look.

My issue, which is caused by a lack of skill/ability with doing anything with my car myself so have to rely on companies to do the a decent job*, is the fact that I've failed to find anyone in or around my town to do any work for me. Apparently everyone has plenty of work and are not interested in small jobs like this or Celica's just don't look as good as Audi's on their instagram feeds as Audi's.

Sent emails, left VM's and no one ever gets back.

*Not that the last company I paid to work on the appearance of my car did anything like a decent job.

10 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

I do too, although I had to go searching for Cravo's build thread to remind myself of how good they can look.

My issue, which is caused by a lack of skill/ability with doing anything with my car myself so have to rely on companies to do the a decent job*, is the fact that I've failed to find anyone in or around my town to do any work for me. Apparently everyone has plenty of work and are not interested in small jobs like this or Celica's just don't look as good as Audi's on their instagram feeds as Audi's.

Sent emails, left VM's and no one ever gets back.

*Not that the last company I paid to work on the appearance of my car did anything like a decent job.

Yea tell me about it. I had the same problem with my rear subframe change.

Because I provided the subframe and wanted labour only; no one was interested because they couldn't make margins on the bought in items and it was a little bit taxing. Good they can pick and choose in a time of austerity!

I did this the other day; not directly related to working on my car, but it involved my Celica :lol:

My new wallpaper

Celica pastelogo-1.jpg

• Like 1

After finding a small amount of fluid yesterday that didn’t appear to be engine oil, spent ‘some time’ last night and this morning investigating. Found it to be an air con leak already small amount of oil? In the pipes as I had lost the gas whilst I had everything apart I decided removed the pipework and rad. Sorry I didn’t want to drive until I knew what it was so missed New Forest @Akuma77A5DDCBD7-3545-44EF-9E52-45753122D854.thumb.jpeg.7406a948c5b6305a9c4c3ed8e25f0d61.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomb said:

After finding a small amount of fluid yesterday that didn’t appear to be engine oil, spent ‘some time’ last night and this morning investigating. Found it to be an air con leak already small amount of oil? In the pipes as I had lost the gas whilst I had everything apart I decided removed the pipework and rad. Sorry I didn’t want to drive until I knew what it was so missed New Forest @Akuma77A5DDCBD7-3545-44EF-9E52-45753122D854.thumb.jpeg.7406a948c5b6305a9c4c3ed8e25f0d61.jpeg

That's OK buddy you can't help things going wrong... 

I clay barred the whole car today, getting it ready for Silverstone. 
Hard work but well worth it when I saw the amount of dirt and grime that I lifted out of the paint.12E3BF1C-8515-4873-B0D3-E3B8BE8E225C.thumb.jpeg.e6f2e3708ce1739fad9273b18f141aff.jpeg
Going to be doing mine on Saturday in preparation for Silverstone, I dread to think what I'm going to get off of my paint!! Out of interest, roughly how long did it take you to do the whole car?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stone6356 said:

Going to be doing mine on Saturday in preparation for Silverstone, I dread to think what I'm going to get off of my paint!! Out of interest, roughly how long did it take you to do the whole car?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I washed it first because it was really dirty from working at a showground over the weekend then it took about hour and half to bar and dry it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I clay barred the whole car today, getting it ready for Silverstone. 

Hard work but well worth it when I saw the amount of dirt and grime that I lifted out of the paint.12E3BF1C-8515-4873-B0D3-E3B8BE8E225C.thumb.jpeg.e6f2e3708ce1739fad9273b18f141aff.jpeg

Nice mate I thought mine needed claybar on Saturday but it didn't as I've been maintaining it.. as I spent 4 hrs getting it ready for the new forest meet using the new autobrite products.. It looked really good too plus not much needed for japfest next week... 

FB_IMG_1556399932212.jpg

Edited by Akuma77

37 minutes ago, Akuma77 said:

Nice mate I thought mine needed claybar on Saturday but it didn't as I've been maintaining it.. as I spent 4 hrs getting it ready for the new forest meet using the new autobrite products.. It looked really good too plus not much needed for japfest next week... 

FB_IMG_1556399932212.jpg

Yeah it looks good mate.

I like what you’ve  done with your petrol flap.The colour of the flag suits the colour of the car.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yeah it looks good mate.

I like what you’ve  done with your petrol flap.The colour of the flag suits the colour of the car.

Yeah that's been on there since I started Modding it I did try a red one but the black carbon works great especially for £1.50 back then

22 hours ago, Tomb said:

Respect the urge to wait and find the fault than playing a risk! Especially at the cost of missing a meet.

Looking sleek and beautiful as always Akuma :lol:. The more I see It, it makes me believe the Celica does work without a spoiler!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.