what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

39 minutes ago, Middz3675 said:

Your welcome Jim. Well first of all when I got home I washed car and then went out for a spin. Loved it as ever car passing the folk weee cranning there necks to look lol 

as for the driving, yep the steering was lighter but the driving was great. Doesn’t seem to wheelspin now at a standing start too. It felt smoother and less noisy. And according to my mrs she said the wheels make the car bigger lol 

while I remember what size of wheel nuts do I get when I get the new ones sorted out? 

Thanks again 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-BLUE-TUNER-STEEL-WHEEL-TUNER-NUTS-M12x1-5-fit-MITSUBISHI-TOYOTA-HONDA-MAZDA-/182820553660?hash=item2a90f443bc

thats what i have wether they come in kawasaki green i,m not sure.but throw your locking nuts away before their stuck in the wheels,

glad your happy with them:thumbsup:

Fitted new 18inch alloys so the arch gap is now more adequately filled. Then decided she needed a much needed wash and polish so she is all shiny and even more lovely now 9b5bb33ab1d06c8ae0b9eeb5e8979ec9.jpg20cf1b5c79a150216c4710c00960e820.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New discs and pads on...

After spraying the hubs and vents of course.

I opted away from the M-Tecs as unheard a few users and the neighbour opposite me's RX-8 squealing when braking.

20190404_221211.jpg

I should add. I'm my effort to paint these in rose gold; it actually looks like they have rusted regardless... so a waste of time and resources :lol:

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Master flex said:

I opted away from the M-Tecs...

I had M-Tecs fitted four years ago, no squeals but the special rust prevention silver colour coating is a debatable joke;

48 hours from fitting they started rusting with the first drop of rain.

Painting the hub parts before fitting is a very good idea, painting them after-fitting is a lot more faff.

IMO Rose gold is the best colour - well chosen! :thumbsup:

kvTzH37.jpg

Photo from July 2015 

Edited by Crazy Cat Lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That looks so much better against your alloys. It might be as mine are anthracite; the colour doesn't pop as much. The contrast is great against those calipers; they are spot on :thumbsup:

I'm just glad to know i'm in good company with my brakes :)

I'm surprised to hear that about the rust though... I wonder what they coat it in. 

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Master flex said:

I wonder what they coat it in.

The only coating we could tell is the oily film that gets wiped off with the brake cleaner :wtf:

I dunno if the gold and black colour coatings are any different [ i suspect not ]

It's probably the case all discs rust cos they be made of steel, so we may as well paint some protection on, only aesthetically pleasing but nice to keep things smart and tidy.

Which make of discs did you buy ?

Next time i need discs i'll probably buy Ferodo, i rather like their pads.

They will probably rust just the same but the price is good value for money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

The only coating we could tell is the oily film that gets wiped off with the brake cleaner :wtf:

I dunno if the gold and black colour coatings are any different [ i suspect not ]

It's probably the case all discs rust cos they be made of steel, so we may as well paint some protection on, only aesthetically pleasing but nice to keep things smart and tidy.

Which make of discs did you buy ?

They will probably rust just the same but the price is good value for money.

I went for Eicher in the end because I left it too late to get the discs. I only had 24 hours to get them on before the M.O.T so had to pick what was in stock local with enough time to get the coats of paint on. My own fault completely.

I'm probably going to get shot for this; but I didn't think it would make much difference performance wise. The calipers are small and are nothing special on these: my thoughts being they should be enough to stop the car. For as much as I love Celicas i think the standard brakes do the job for a sub 200bhp car. Braking performance has increased 10 fold even though they are bedding in; however the old pads were nearly shot, piston seized in the calipers and the discs were warped...

I did put brembo pads on them though!

+1 rep for the faith in rust! :D

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

When I first got my G7 I fitted Ferodo disc's and pads.

Over the years I've tried most of the alternatives in various combinations. :think:

What's on the car now I hear you all ask . . . . . Correct . .  Ferodo disc's (not drilled or grooved) and Ferodo pads - :thumbs:

OK it's only for road use and I guess the track guys will shake their heads,but for "normal" use Ferodo are still hard to beat

Edited by maizey
spelling
  • Like 1

plain discs for the win! Pagid discs are nice, OEM toyota are good too. The pads make the real difference, just got stoptech on mine and they are much stronger than the old toyota pads. They get even better if you warm them up too.

Still can't beat the carbotech pads for stopping though. Them paired with a nice plain disc is great.

Today she went in for mot and major service. First of both since being in my possession. So 600ish later including new brake hoses a new tyre new handbrake shoes and new exhaust hangers she should be ready to pick up at the end of the week for another years trouble free motoring. 'touch wood'

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MOT for me today also, came back clean. So this leads me onto the jobs that I'll be doing now the test is out of the way. She needs a new rear shock, so I'm thinking of going aftermarket. Will be doing the discs and pads all round too, and maybe while I'm at it change the brake lines and look at refurbishing the calipers.

• Like 1

Id like to try ferrodo discs and pads on 

I have the 295mm Avensis upgrade on the front.

Where do you guys ferrodo from  - didnt see that name mentioned on freaky parts

I dont have a reg for an avensis to use so will me navigating by a 2004  T25 avensis   295mm 5x100

Thanks

Edited by tree

Currently making a rather poor to average job of spraying my Kaminari side skirts with rattle cans.

Did want to pay someone to do a decent job but no one around my way seemed interested in the work, to small a job I expect.

Still, as long as no one examines them too closely I'll get away with it :D

May end up getting them wrapped in the end, anyway.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

Currently making a rather poor to average job of spraying my Kaminari side skirts with rattle cans.

Did want to pay someone to do a decent job but no one around my way seemed interested in the work, to small a job I expect.

Still, as long as no one examines them too closely I'll get away with it :D

May end up getting them wrapped in the end, anyway.

Interesting. I have purple spats and side skirts (which I hate!) and would dearly love to have them body colour (black). I'd just rip them off and forget about them if some of them were not hiding horrors. Rattle cans did spring to mind, how easy is it to get a half decent result like this?

For the best results go to a professional car paint supplier not your local Halfrods

If you have a professional car paint supplies near you they will make rattle cans up to your paint code, if so you can produce a professional finish.

I have a supplier local to me, in Bexleyheath that I’ve been using for years.

http://www.bsbgroup.co.uk/contact.php

if your going to Silverstone I could always pick them up for you and take them up to the show, if it’s any help.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

For the best results go to a professional car paint supplier not your local Halfrods

If you have a professional car paint supplies near you they will make rattle cans up to your paint code, if so you can produce a professional finish.

I have a supplier local to me, in Bexleyheath that I’ve been using for years.

http://www.bsbgroup.co.uk/contact.php

if your going to Silverstone I could always pick them up for you and take them up to the show, if it’s any help.

Painting them Black so no colour matching needed. They were Chilli Red before so would have looked odd on my grey and black car. May still get wrapped but I want to see them on the car first.

Thanks for the offer tho'

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.