what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

fitted front brakes, repacked the FR outer CV with grease as the clip had come off the new boot and sprayed the grease everywhere. Need a new metal clip for that!

tried for an hour to bleed the brakes but the pedal isn't great. ran out of time so will have to take another stab at it tomorrow

Didn't take many snaps.. but oem everything and some rebuilt calipers

20190311_200730.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheeple said:

fitted front brakes, repacked the FR outer CV with grease as the clip had come off the new boot and sprayed the grease everywhere. Need a new metal clip for that!

tried for an hour to bleed the brakes but the pedal isn't great. ran out of time so will have to take another stab at it tomorrow

Didn't take many snaps.. but oem everything and some rebuilt calipers

20190311_200730.jpg

had that problem a while ago with shaun drew as he was replacing a bottom balljoint and accidnetly nicked the cv boot with the grinder (because theres not a lot of room but he come over and replaced with a new one but everything we tried to do didnt work , jubilee clips didnt work , we were using a universal boot in the end we opted for a stretchy cv boot which went over the cv but we had to pull out the drivers side wheel and hub  and secured nicely around the hub ..been great ever since but it made a hell of a mess on my new rims a few times 

was a shame as I paid to have new boots fitted to that driveshaft in january. wondering if my noise is now that join when turning. no sign of the old clip.

had to repack the join as best I could and fill the boot up. didn't seem to hold the edge of the fitting very well.

Would rather not have to replace the boot again. it seems in good/new condition but the tension in just the boot was enough to pull it off the cv end. really needs a proper fix before something dies there. I have little faith that cable ties will last long.

• Like 1

Spent a good 2 hours removing the 12 sticky pads behind the number plate from one of the previous owners. The annoying this is that they weren't even holding the plate on and there are holes drilled in the boot [emoji30]7ef8576ac870503cb350d259cb62663b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

I'm off work ill, but didn't want to waste the day feeling sorry for myself in bed or on the sofa.... So I'm prepping my JDM wings to save some money when I take them to get sprayed [emoji16] next job is the yellow JDM TRD front bumper and then the JDM rear bumper and valance.
Any tips on how to do it faster than by hand would be greatly appreciated! My dad's multitool with sanding pad is rubbish!3f9b0e9c2a41d2044607e0e3014a57bf.jpg

• Like 1

I can hear your manager now:

"If your I'll enough to work on your car your I'll enough to come in work." :thumbs:

1 hour ago, jim7564 said:

That's a bloody good idea. I have an old B&D mouse; never thought of that. Cheers!

• Like 2

What my manager doesn't know won't hurt him ;)

And that is a good idea, might see if I can borrow one from someone because I don't really want to buy one for just this job :/

Bled the brakes again (after an afternoon of rear brake fitting yesterday) and still don't have a strong pedal.. the car that keeps on giving is chucking up more issues than I'm solving atm, should be good for thread updates though.

tip toe driving the poor thing to prevent whatever this vibrations is from ripping the car apart.

booked in friday for the replacement cv boot and to inspect these issues. might not be able to fix them all on the day but at least we will know what's wrong.

going to check the rear diff oil level this evening, there is a tiny leak at the input shaft so maybe it's gone a bit dry.

I whacked out the orbital and my mix of meguiers scratch X and cerium oxide powder...

The sun roof looked like someone had sand-papered it with 200 grade. It was horrible.

5 minutes later with little effort; thia works really well on glass guys and girls.

20190330_142350.jpg

20190330_142359.jpg

On 27/03/2019 at 17:09, Sheeple said:

tip toe driving the poor thing to prevent whatever this vibrations is from ripping the car apart.

booked in friday for the replacement cv boot and to inspect these issues. might not be able to fix them all on the day but at least we will know what's wrong.

going to check the rear diff oil level this evening, there is a tiny leak at the input shaft so maybe it's gone a bit dry.

Hope you get this sorted mate. Let us know how you get on.

20 hours ago, tree said:

F##k that looks mint

Totally agree; It looks long doesn't it.

Looks longer than mine; but I think mine's girthier. 

Edited by Master flex

yesterday...

bled brakes after fitting replacement oem hoses at the front (not perfect but usable and powerful enough to stop hard when required!)
Fix the funny steering noise, rack was lose due to a stripped bolt.
Replaced the duff front outer CV boot
Oil change for the rear diff, old oil was waaaay too old, it's been in that many, many years!
Diagnosed the vibration issue, which turned out to be the rear of the 2 prop bearings
Discovered some suspension damage and unevenly worn shocks, left rear, rear most arm is bent and rear shocks the left is soft while right rear is stiff.
Checked the gearbox and engine to find they have a clean bill of health

Madness of daft things, drove 358m and still had 1/4 of a tank!

Car drives so much better now and is safe again, just got to fix these last few bits and it's golden

Well today I took a drive to sunny Arbroath and met jim7564. 

It was great to finally put a face to the messages and especially all the great help he has passed on. 

And....... I got new alloys and tyres. Also he kindly gave me a headlight and rear strut brace. 

Btw guys the Lego oil tog is truly one massive project. This guys talent is next to none. 

My daughter who had come with me was memorised with the amount of Lego he hasn’t and all the models that he has made.

it was all she talked about on the way home and has decided she will do the same with her Lego lol.

His car is a beast!!! I’m amazed at how he has with his own hand made up mods for his car and I think it will truly be a work of art once he has finished it. 

Thanks again jim and hopefully catch up again soon and no doubt will be bombarding you with more questions 

1EE58A6F-562C-4544-9F22-696EE1FD5AEA.jpeg

82C0E8BE-9619-49F8-A79E-E00BA5E81EB4.jpeg

The new wheels really change the look of the car. I’m so chuffed with them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Middz3675 said:

Thanks again jim and hopefully catch up again soon and no doubt will be bombarding you with more questions 

thanks for the kind words

not a problem.its nice to meet a fellow member.those wheels certainly look the part on your celica,was it any different to drive with the bigger wheel and wider tyres.

Your welcome Jim. Well first of all when I got home I washed car and then went out for a spin. Loved it as ever car passing the folk weee cranning there necks to look lol 

as for the driving, yep the steering was lighter but the driving was great. Doesn’t seem to wheelspin now at a standing start too. It felt smoother and less noisy. And according to my mrs she said the wheels make the car bigger lol 

while I remember what size of wheel nuts do I get when I get the new ones sorted out? 

Thanks again 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.