what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Went to see my mechanic mate who kindly let me use his ramp for a little while.

Under the car i found the cause of a sharp clattery bang type noise every time i drove over a bump;

Relieved to find nothing serious - just a couple of popper studs missing from front-nearside wheel arch inner trim - so replaced.

Also noticed the rear fixings of the silencer exhaust shield had worn though so that was clanging too, so secured it firmly on with zip ties from the [worn too enlarged] heat shield holes to wrap a hold around rear sub-frame, bit of a bodge but a nicely done bodge and all noises gone now :dance:

A shampoo and polish later back at home, and some tyre dressing.

It got a bit too dark by then to take a photo but believe me it looks cute B)

• Like 2

On 25/02/2019 at 14:02, Wolfie said:

Today I finished the hubs and wheels. When I got the car in October although the discs were in good condition, the callipers were rusty silver :( So I cleaned, primed and painted the callipers, found some Toyota Logos  to put on them and fitted new pads all round.

The only thing. I can’t find for love nor money are a new set of the silhouette center caps, so I’ll have to decide whether or not to keep the originals that are in a sad state:( or replace them with a different type :think:

7A32AECB-B6ED-487E-83B7-628CCA7ACEA5.jpeg

3003AC2E-7759-43FE-AC70-E5787895386E.jpeg

19D9BE31-034E-494E-A674-A655F4DA96DE.jpeg

D95DC025-0E01-4FBB-A1E2-9A5FC61A00C6.png

P zero nero’s! Nice tyre choice! 

• Like 1

Some passing young guys were commenting on the car.. One said "why would you put that bonnet on a car, what a stupid choice. He could have chosen a much better looking vent and made it less busy"
I kindly explained what the car was, they had never heard of a GT4 or even known that homologation cars were a thing.

They were quite impressed with the chargecooler but were still a bit down on it because it wasn't as fast as some modern things. Kids.

Also met with 2 other local gt4 owners while collecting some new discs and pads from gt4-paly for this weekends brake refresh. Nice long chat and maybe joining in with the rolling road day next month.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2019 at 22:59, Sheeple said:

Some passing young guys were commenting on the car.. One said "why would you put that bonnet on a car, what a stupid choice. He could have chosen a much better looking vent and made it less busy"
I kindly explained what the car was, they had never heard of a GT4 or even known that homologation cars were a thing.

They were quite impressed with the chargecooler but were still a bit down on it because it wasn't as fast as some modern things. Kids.

Also met with 2 other local gt4 owners while collecting some new discs and pads from gt4-paly for this weekends brake refresh. Nice long chat and maybe joining in with the rolling road day next month.

Yea that's a stupid choice. Why don't you swap it in for a brand new '19 AUDI S3. They look bland as **** and will cost you £400 a month PCP. It even comes with a mythical German never break down warranty. That'll show them Jones' .

Take great pride in the fact that millenials / Gen Y's said that.  That means in the real world it looks spot on :thumbsup:

Just picked up a new center dash trim. This is to replace the broken air vent and get rid of the alarm flashing light that's put a hole in the dash, plus some cheap phone holder that doesn't work.. 20 bucks well spent.

That along with the UK right hand vent panel with a fog button, should tidy it up a bit.

Well today I was really pleased. I had been looking for some new silhouette wheel center caps for my Red edition but they were impossible to find.

I spoke to Mook and he said he could do a stylised sticker version of the originals.

And after prep, prime, paint and lacquer. Here’s some before and after pictures.

Thanks Mook, your a genius.FA9EEF68-3489-4738-8A88-E03449C45631.thumb.jpeg.2d92def99f189a2c4ce51bbbdb952233.jpegCDEA9311-41C2-44B1-BD7F-62C013C9CC5C.thumb.jpeg.d4879425f4eb88606b650c28982e7aa8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Master flex said:

Removed the old whip antenna and put a little stinger on. After spraying it gold, of course.

20190309_140418.jpg

How’s the reception with it compared to the other one ?

5 hours ago, Master flex said:

Removed the old whip antenna and put a little stinger on. After spraying it gold, of course.

IMO it looks an improvement over the old swishy whip aerial, but when i [ briefly ] tried it the reception became a lot worse :unsure:

I suppose it could depend upon where you live, and if your tuner and aerial are digital (?)

Is that the gas mens van across the road - by any chance?  :D

15 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

IMO it looks an improvement over the old swishy whip aerial, but when i [ briefly ] tried it the reception became a lot worse :unsure:

I suppose it could depend upon where you live, and if your tuner and aerial are digital (?)

Is that the gas mens van across the road - by any chance?  :D

Yep. I tried it once on a different car that I had with a similar long antenna but the reception was pretty bad afterwards.

I put it down to me buying a cheap stinger at the time. :(

nothing on the car today but a bit of preparation ready for next weekend and the new gearbox going in .

All fluids are here now , new silicon hoses after my battery leaked over the last ones out on track .

New toyo 888`s ready for fitting 

Carbotech front pads for the AP calipers

Oh and a new Rotrex charger ready for fitting

No photo description available.No photo description available.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

nothing on the car today but a bit of preparation ready for next weekend and the new gearbox going in .

All fluids are here now , new silicon hoses after my battery leaked over the last ones out on track .

New toyo 888`s ready for fitting 

Carbotech front pads for the AP calipers

Oh and a new Rotrex charger ready for fitting

No photo description available.No photo description available.

£££££££££...........oh and a new Rotrex charger :lol:

• Haha 1

Failed to change the brake pads and discs, not normally a task that is too hard. Sadly some stuck pins in both calipers had other ideas.
Didn't even get to the rears!

Anyone got some GT4 calipers for sale?

20190310_143616.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.