what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

On 15/01/2019 at 21:41, Akuma77 said:

tbh mate pete is a god and as they have all the tools probably the best to take it to ..

Well, my local garage chopped off them pesky drop links, a very slow drive home and finally was able to finish fitting my BC coil overs, gone for a small drop and very happy  with the new look. 

178FEB7E-C080-4E63-A379-820609121A7E.jpeg

• Like 3

Fitted my OEM HID headlights that I picked up for £80, a few small scuffs on them, but only really noticeable if you're up close. Also test fitted the OEM TRD front bumper (paid £60 for it!) with the OEM fog lights (paid £10 for them), Can't wait to get it sprayed and fitted properly.
Also finished up the button panel that will control the lighting in several areas of the car.
Very productive weekend I think :D e9737dbc9518ed4b494f5301cd5afdf9.jpga29887aa4fdfabac5de9ae2d3a86b935.jpg5960a3f62bd05c3c2d1a2972be6e387c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

£80 for OEM hids! £80 for a action bumper!? Behesus[emoji33]

you need to get yourself on bargain hunt, Dickinson will love you! 
I know right, But that's not all! Got a brand new set of MeisterR coilovers for £400, OEM JDM rear bumper with valance for £30, Toyota wind deflectors for £25, OEM JDM wings for a tenner each, TRD wing for £90. Pretty much I just hunt for bargains every day [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Today I gave the interior and boot  a good hoover and clean and polish. Need to get some decent looking mats. 

Then washed and polished the car, had planned on taking off wheels and giving the inside of them a clean too and painting the caliphers but with no jack that’s a job for another day. 

Also noticed which I can’t believe I hadn’t before that the front driver headlight has a hole in glass lens which previous owner has put a piece of clear sellotape over. And the front indicator on same side has a wee chip along the top edge of the lens. Means that’s another two things on my list of things needed replaced. 

Oh I wish I could win the lottery!!! 

Finally the weather had been warm and dry enough over the last couple of days to start painting the underneath.

I know it’s not the best time of year to start but I’ve been itching to do it since October when I bought it  :)

I knew the subframes were ok so after checking the rest of the floor, I started wire brushing and primed the rear section first (the easiest because it’s jacked up on the driveway) and it could rain at anytime :(

Today I’ve done the first coat of paint on the areas that I prepared, I was hoping to get a second coat on but this time of year it’s taking ages to dry. :angry:

• Like 1

just using it as a car this week. to and from work each day, roasting small children on the bonnet very, that sort of thing.
found a usb stick to plug into the headunit, so much better than a dodgy aux lead into a phone. bought some nice cleaning products to show it some love at the weekend.

Well I was outside again today still painting the underneath of the car, when I heard this........Hello mate I’ve got a delivery for you and it’s to big to go through your letter box.

Ok mate,  I said, leave it by the side of the car.

I can’t do that mate, he said you will need to go into your house and come out again so I know you live here !

I can’t at the moment, I called out from underneath my car, because I’m painting the underneath of my car and I’ve got paint all over my hands.

You will have to, he said or I can’t leave it.

Ok mate in that case, I called out, I’m currently out at the moment and should be back home this afternoon after 3pm :lol:

He went away and believe it or not came back at 4pm and I opened my front door and took the delivery off him :hysterical: unbelievable !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The weather has been dry and I have finally finished painting the underneath today.

I also wire brushed, sanded, primed and painted any other metal that had surface rust and cleaned and painted under the wheel arches as well, just to tidy it up.

Luckily there were no horror stories lurking underneath that I hadn’t been aware of, other than I will be needing a new exhaust in the not to distant future and finding a split shock absorber gator.

The total cost of paint, primer and brushes, to do the job came to £38 :)

Just a good job I didn’t have to include an hourly rate labour charge as well :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

The weather has been dry and I have finally finished painting the underneath today.

I also wire brushed, sanded, primed and painted any other metal that had surface rust and cleaned and painted under the wheel arches as well, just to tidy it up.

Luckily there were no horror stories lurking underneath that I hadn’t been aware of, other than I will be needing a new exhaust in the not to distant future and finding a split shock absorber gator.

The total cost of paint, primer and brushes, to do the job came to £38 :)

Just a good job I didn’t have to include an hourly rate labour charge as well :lol:

What paint did you use as this is a job I'm planning on doing and still not 100% settled on what paint will give a good long term finish. 

10 hours ago, Celia_Alan said:

What paint did you use as this is a job I'm planning on doing and still not 100% settled on what paint will give a good long term finish. 

It was nothing special, more Old Skool, but I’ve used it in the past and have always been happy with it.

It’s “Rustins” Satin Black paint for metal and “Rustins” Red Oxide primer.

I like the look of Satin black rather that gloss when I’m painting underneath but they do Gloss is you prefer.

• Like 1

Today what I done on my celica was finally get my sunstrip put on. 

Was easy enough but trimming it along the edge I kinda messed up a little but not too visible when looking. 

I added the club logo with a little bit of a twerk and obviously a little advertisement of the man that made it happen too.

cheers mook

C127E8A7-CE7F-429C-9755-468F91943CAC.jpeg

6383C674-F679-42D1-B0C3-0DAFADEA9C58.jpeg

E6AA5363-EF53-43C3-89F1-F49178976E12.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Akuma77 said:

fitted a nice new 365g weighted gearknob with a custom diamond thread gear gaiter and even the gearknob has a custom dome badge on the top 

52674317_10218917109058678_8311221962160472064_n.jpg.84936111c9b1a4cc0fcf438b6bc274a1.jpg

Nice, what did that cost? I did think about changing my knob ( snigger snigger) as it’s basic bland looking to something interesting on my gen 6 

6 minutes ago, Middz3675 said:

Nice, what did that cost? I did think about changing my knob ( snigger snigger) as it’s basic bland looking to something interesting on my gen 6 

well the gearknob was £25 from ebay , gear gaiter was £15 including sending 3 parts to jay peters and he did that and locking vinyl did the dome gel badge which was £6.50 for 2 badges (one spare ) .

10 minutes ago, Akuma77 said:

well the gearknob was £25 from ebay , gear gaiter was £15 including sending 3 parts to jay peters and he did that and locking vinyl did the dome gel badge which was £6.50 for 2 badges (one spare ) .

Worth every penny :thumbs:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.