what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

On 15/11/2018 at 19:37, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Today: 

Hoovered the inside of the car.

Washed the outside of the car

And changed the cabin filter!  :o :blush: :lol:

ZXDx7Mj.jpg

Changed mine last month didn’t look any better, :( 

1D476EC6-05DD-493A-A9E6-A977B426E965.jpeg

Edited by VVTI
  • Like 1

Eventually got around to fitting Black Betty’s old intake manifold after degreasing it, to replace the dented one I had; gave the rad another bleed; cleaned the throttle body; and cleaned my IACV.43388A0F-AC6D-4C8C-8419-AB8040BCF32D.thumb.jpeg.bd2a9f658eece02d40a7e2e1ce6bb954.jpeg

Edited by Tomb
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomb said:

Eventually got around to fitting Black Betty’s old intake manifold after degreasing it, to replace the dented one I had; gave the rad another bleed; cleaned the throttle body; and cleaned my IACV.

Tomb, do you need to update your Gen 7 Model profile?   ....from VVT-i  ;)

:wavey: >  L  <

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Tomb, do you need to update your Gen 7 Model profile?   ....from VVT-i  ;)

:wavey: >  L  <

Thanks for the reminder Debs, I aim to be altering it again in the next few weeks

:dance: > SC <

• Like 1

Removed one of the interior support plates from the rear wing that was loose and rattling around inside the boot lid (not going to bother refitting it) and managed to get the other over one stud, hopefully that's now tight enough to stop that one rattling/vibrating.

Why were these both loose inside the boot lid?

You would have ask the guy that wrapped my car that. Why he failed to notice them then failed to do anything about them when they had come loose. Bear in mind that it's pretty obvious when one of these comes loose and drops inside the boot lid skin and yet after the first one had done this he failed to make sure the next one didn't do it. I'm not sure they could have done anything else wrong...

• 1 month later...

Fitted new pair of AU21/20 wipers
Adjusted head light aim as driver's side was a little high

Screen wash refill

Filled with fuel ready for tomorrows trip to get the clutch changed along with front top mounts and front wheel bearings.

The other weekend I filled a rust hole in the boot near the wiper, as it was letting in water. Not a nice looking job but used liquid gasket and spread it over the area and left to dry. The last week it's been nice a not damp in the back now.

Just got to paint a replacement boot lid or cut out a section and weld it into the current one, jobs for warmer weather.

Tried taking the front drop links off so I can install my coilovers, given up wasted to much time on it. They have been drowned in wd40 for weeks wire brushed and still just spin now tried locking with a Allen key and just rounded it’s self  not enough room for mole grips and the nut spliter I got just keeps falling off. I don’t want to grind it as at the bottom there is no room. Can’t believe I’ve been beaten by two 14mm nuts 

262BA27E-0321-43A6-A714-B4F98C769ECF.jpeg

46 minutes ago, VVTI said:

Tried taking the front drop links off so I can install my coilovers, given up wasted to much time on it. They have been drowned in wd40 for weeks wire brushed and still just spin now tried locking with a Allen key and just rounded it’s self  not enough room for mole grips and the nut spliter I got just keeps falling off. I don’t want to grind it as at the bottom there is no room. Can’t believe I’ve been beaten by two 14mm nuts 

Could you try cutting them or cutting across so that you can hold with a stubby screwdriver to stop them rotating?

54 minutes ago, VVTI said:

you only need to grind one side of the nut so that might work. but think about it, if you can't get them off then how can you get net nuts back on?
chop the whole thing off with a cutting disc and replace. The MR2 are the same, they are never reusable.

I can’t grind the nut off not enough access to it I’m sure I’ll cut something I shouldn’t 

47 minutes ago, Tomb said:
1 hour ago, VVTI said:

Could you try cutting them or cutting across so that you can hold with a stubby screwdriver to stop them rotating?

I think it’s only possible with a proper lift ramp, just enough room for my socket too fit on as so close to the wishbone. I don’t trust my cheap jack stands enough to crawl under the car if I can help it. 

On 17/11/2018 at 01:23, G6-20 said:

both number plate lights were dead, and had to tackle 20 year old rotten arse screws, that crumbled away to nothing.
managed to get them all out tho, after 15 mins of persistence.

num lights (2).jpg

num lights (4).jpg

I wish the 7s were as 'in and out' as that! 

20190115_175142.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:34, VVTI said:

there are sometimes 2 flats on the shaft hidden behind the rubber boot

1 minute ago, Bumblebee said:

there are sometimes 2 flats on the shaft hidden behind the rubber boot

That’s what I was hoping, as the newer ones have a option for a 14mm spanner behind but these are two old and is just smooth. 

Really annoying but booked it in to my local garage on Saturday to get up on a ramp to get a better angle to cut it off. Bugs me having to pay for it but I don’t want to damage my car. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VVTI said:

That’s what I was hoping, as the newer ones have a option for a 14mm spanner behind but these are two old and is just smooth. 

Really annoying but booked it in to my local garage on Saturday to get up on a ramp to get a better angle to cut it off. Bugs me having to pay for it but I don’t want to damage my car. 

booked in at onestop mate ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.