what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Replaced smashed up rear light custer with replacement from AMS, and properly secured fuel tank exhaust heat shield with proper machine screws and washers in prep for today's MOT.

Heat shields are a thing for the MOT now, so check yours.  Its only the "Fire Risk" ones such as manifold, cat and fuel tank shields.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a done to, but a done with....

Used my 7 to jump start our generator for our 500 attendee Outdoor Cinema event in the estate of a stately home.  Terrible movie (greatest showman), but the 480 ladies attending loved it.  Pretty much maxed out our enormous soundsystem and gained some temporary deafness.

Awesome night.  wouldn't have happened if I didn't have my jump leads and a willing battery :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Celia_Alan said:

Watched the clock turn over to 160,000 miles. Need to look at timing belt it's getting on a few years now but not too many miles since it was last done 

160,000 miles, thats not too bad though is it mate, still plenty of life in the old girl. I saw a gen 7 04 with 327,000 miles on it. 

On 08/09/2018 at 20:34, Freeman558 said:

Fitted my Blitz warm air intake

Which, going by other peoples engine bay pics with the Advanced air cleaner, I think I have done right...

IMG_0395.thumb.JPG.f3df6874e9f3f0857cee04f97f4f7973.JPGIMG_0394.thumb.JPG.2f8754646968a80c84abc83bfa751d4e.JPG

Need to tidy up some wiring but it went and got dark on me so tomorrow if not raining.

Dude that is stunning. Where did you get the polished parts from?.

2 hours ago, SpaceCowboys83 said:

Dude that is stunning. Where did you get the polished parts from?.

Thank you, I've still not tidied the wiring and won't get the car back from being wrapped until Tuesday.

For the polished parts, I just bought an extra intake chamber(I think it's called), rocker cover and throttle body from Ams and took had them to a local polisher then swapped them over (well, had a garage do that while they serviced the car) once they were done.

If your looking at doing something similar, have a look at the hydro-dipping thread from BRD first.They do some awesome things with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

Thank you, I've still not tidied the wiring and won't get the car back from being wrapped until Tuesday.

For the polished parts, I just bought an extra intake chamber(I think it's called), rocker cover and throttle body from Ams and took had them to a local polisher then swapped them over (well, had a garage do that while they serviced the car) once they were done.

If your looking at doing something similar, have a look at the hydro-dipping thread from BRD first.They do some awesome things with that.

Thanks mate!.

• 2 weeks later...

After spending a small fortune on PDR tools to try and remove the worst of my dent finally had the time and weather to strip out the interior and see if I could get to the dented area.

The result... I pushed it out with my hand :brickwall:

Well, I have to tools incase I need to work on another dent.

IMG_0415.thumb.JPG.d8a78469283b92f3ec8d52086becf1f9.JPG

Dent is still there but far less noticeable. I doubt I will be getting it repaired unless I get the car resprayed.

• Like 1

Over the past couple of years i've noticed one of my front screen washer jets squirting off aim, projecting most of it's squirt too high up the screen so most would go on the roof :angry:

The thing is with these trivial problems, it's very easy to forget about them - until the next time you're out driving along the road again, and when washing the screen, say to one self, "i need to fix that when i get home", like you've said a hundred times before.

And then when you get home, it's one of those jobs of not much importance in the big scheme of things so very easy to forget all about...

until the next drive out onto the open road and one is reminded yet again about the naughty jet washer when pulling the screen wash lever and ...well you can see where this is going [ two years later ] Today between the showers and feeling bored indoors and wanting to get out for some fresh air, i found a pin, went out to the Celica and corrected the aim of that there washer jet. Jone done :thumbsup:

Next job is replacing all the wiper blades, anyone got good recommendations?, and any makes to avoid?

Debs

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.