what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Changed gearbox oil, changed sparkies, changed, changed driver seatbelt, changed boot struts, and put some spigots on my wheels. And done just in time for the England game and a beer.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

after fitting a new front set of KYB shocks yesterday (after the "fakes" debacle), I finished the job properly with another full geometry alignment.  Pleased to report front and rear are all in the green, car drives great B) ...in fact...better than ever if I may say so myself.  feels super planted, firm and tight

• Like 2

After changing over from winter to summer tyres/wheels on Friday last week...

Today i checked the tyre pressures  - first time on the summer set [Goodyear F1] since last September when they went into storage.

They were all around 28 or 29 psi, so increased to 32 psi all round, car now goes like it's gained a turbo, and the handling is a joy! B)

Paid the garage for fixing my snapped wheel studs but due to work I can't get her back till the weekend. I need to put some trouble free miles on her or even though I will regret selling she is going. 

Untitled.png

rear disc shields just had to go - luckily the inner plate and caliper bracket were in great shape or it would have been £££ to TCB for new ones

Edited by G.Lewarne

QyJjRzG.jpg

Today i fitted the super dooper deluxe sun screen cover marketed via Amazon by 'FREESOO' [although it wasn't so free costing £23.99]

The backend of my car is nicely sheltered in the shade but i wanted something BIG to cover whole windscreen and both door windows. 

This seems to do the job, also covers the wipers, door mirrors too with room to spare.

The shiny aluminium finish should reflect the suns heat, and keep the inside of car from getting oven hot, we will see....

Debs

18 hours ago, Cal670 said:

Tried to stick one end of the fuel tank heat shield back on after it sheared last night. Will see how well it's stuck tomorrow. 

that thing is a pain in the ass

I resorted to bending the edges of it over the fuel tank lip with some pliers to keep it in place.  Seems to have held fine for a year

Mechanic working his way through when parts arrive:

New radiator

New Silicone hose kit

New Thermostat

New Water Pump

New Fuel Pump

New Stainless Steel Custom Exhaust

Underneath to be cavity Waxed

Bonnet to be re-painted

Calibres to be painted gold

Dentmaster to be booked.

Getting 4 nice new tyres - Hankook, Bridgestones or Goodyears. Not sure yet, still waiting on prices for those. 

Edited by SpaceCowboys83

I finished my super cheap (maybe 10 quid) and super lightweight (about 3kg total) "sound proofing" in the rear cabin and boot area today

Totally pleased with the results, quieter than my friends lexus now :D  even the exhaust is quieter in the cabin.

I await confirmation from another member before I post details.

Edited by G.Lewarne

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.