what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

12 minutes ago, bazz54 said:

So, out with my Minicraft drill with a slitting wheel on it and cut my way through each pin

in my tired and bleary eyed state I read that as "Minecraft drill" and "shitting wheel"

12 minutes ago, G.Lewarne said:

in my tired and bleary eyed state I read that as "Minecraft drill" and "shitting wheel"

Well....while you are in the line, I've just spotted the comment where you refer to your 7 as "he"! Oh no, that cannot be right :blink:. James T. never referred the Enterprise as anything other than she. I regard mine as neutral, or female.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bazz54 said:

Well....while you are in the line, I've just spotted the comment where you refer to your 7 as "he"! Oh no, that cannot be right :blink:. James T. never referred the Enterprise as anything other than she. I regard mine as neutral, or female.

is definitely a boy!  My car is Kirk (my cars name is literally Tiberius, as in James T) - im the enterprise being taken for a ride.

Strange sexual innuendo not implied.

Edited by G.Lewarne

As a surprise my buddy dropped Celine off to the house to let me see it before bringing it back to finish the spoiler and bumpers. Sad :( thing is neighbours directly behind us had the concrete guys in and didnt warn us, Celine was parked very bottom of the driveway in direct line of them, there are no words that can describe the state of the car and they said nothing!. 

My buddy mum lives next door so she came home for her lunch to find her sunroom plastered along with her washing and she saw my lovely Celine plastered in it. You couldn't tell what colour she was!.

So both myself and my buddy who has been working on it for me is beyond furious, so Celine has to go back and get properly cleaned again, i gave it a safe hose down esp round the intake and radiator area.

So she's re-booked in with my buddy and getting her fully re-done again and looking at the new exhaust and maybe some carbon fibre work while at it.

Only saving grace is they weren't working when he dropped her off so least she didnt suck any of that crap in.

Lovely new neighbours we have they have already upset a few of us already. 

Hallelujah Hallelujah HallelujahHallelujah Halle-lujah

that feeling when you fix something that's been bothering you for so so long!

So what was causing the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Tomb said:

So what was causing the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I updated my thread in gen7 area!  if its stupid but it works, its not stupid :P

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/185407-sand-gravel-or-just-fix-it-somehow/&tab=comments#comment-2356893

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the best place to post it; there's a guy on ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323238637525 selling Draper brake hose clamps for £4.60 a pair inc p&p. I got 2 and have just ordered 2 more. I had a bad "event" with an improvised hose clamp last week, so decided not to do that again :angry:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bazz54 said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post it; there's a guy on ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323238637525 selling Draper brake hose clamps for £4.60 a pair inc p&p. I got 2 and have just ordered 2 more. I had a bad "event" with an improvised hose clamp last week, so decided not to do that again :angry:.

go on...

3 hours ago, G.Lewarne said:

go on...

Well, I clamped the hose and disconnected it from the caliper and there was no leak. But I came back a couple of hours later and the driveway is awash with brake fluid, reservoir well empty.

So guess what comes now; yes, bled nsr, osr, osf then nsf and ....it is pretty spongy.

So have just been reading the previous threads on this and the issue of the ABS cycling comes up; bugger :(.

What to do next; MoT is looming?

Spotted on another forum; best bleed clutch too, as common reservoir.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bazz54 said:

Well, I clamped the hose and disconnected it from the caliper and there was no leak. But I came back a couple of hours later and the driveway is awash with brake fluid, reservoir well empty.

So guess what comes now; yes, bled nsr, osr, osf then nsf and ....it is pretty spongy.

So have just been reading the previous threads on this and the issue of the ABS cycling comes up; bugger :(.

What to do next; MoT is looming?

Spotted on another forum; best bleed clutch too, as common reservoir.

sent you a PM

Drove Beddau to Watford 168miles to the Harry Potter studio, drove 15 miles to see a civic type r gt in a garage for sale, budget tyres, no history because they ‘lost it’ boot and bumper totally differnent colour red ‘they’re all like it apperntly’ wouldn’t budge on price. Called his bluff and drove back to sunny Beddau 183miles still with 1/4 tank of juice left, not driving gentally at all. The old girl done me proud today! 

Edited by Cleario

having thoroughly degreased, brushed, washed and hand dried every nook and cranny of the engine bay last week, today I went to the pound shop, bought a couple spray bottles of cheap degreaser and a small stiff nylon brush.

Went to town degreasing and cleaning all the underside of my engine bay including the gearbox, steering rack, sump and all the underbits I could reach.  Without undertrays this is dead easy :)

Now, the end result may not be "detailed" and I haven't polished any of the aluminium bits, but im very impressed with how clean everything has come up.  You can rub your hand against anything in there now and no dirt comes off.  Should make future engine work and leak detection easy if I can maintain it like this.  what has surprised me though is how nice the engine block, rocker cover, even the belt tensioner came up with just minimal scrubbing

• Like 2

My baby is having an extended stay at my buddies place, just handed over a nice deposit for additional work.

Stainless Steel Exhaust.

Full Stone Chip Removal Package

Scratches on Door edge touch up.

New radiator

New Thermostat

All new hoses (upgrade ones)

New Airfilter System

Idionized wheel Nuts

Colour change on Calibres

Rear Tint glass

Additional Underbody protection

Additional Ceramic Coat

Carbon Fibre Treats (waiting on prices for those)

Oil breather

Wheel Spacers

Fresh License Plates

A ton of TLC 

• Like 1

Well, not actually done today, but last Thursday, we passed our 13th MoT together  :). Had to do relatively a lot of work this year; both front calipers were binding slightly and needed an oily rag wiped over them. One of the rear calipers looked like it might be past the oily rag stage so that got replaced, but got a good used one for £20 on ebay. After that all OK, with no advisories.

• Like 1

Managed to crack my transmission case :-(, a day after giving her a clean underneath, made it easy to see the crack, but keeping positive gave a good excuse to move forward the oil change.

1 hour ago, Tomb said:

Managed to crack my transmission case :-(, a day after giving her a clean underneath, made it easy to see the crack, but keeping positive gave a good excuse to move forward the oil change.

how on earth did you manage to crack it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.