what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

3 hours ago, arizona said:

Drove it and drove it DSC_0070.thumb.JPG.b4c7e1da3e9f9b8b1822a654c03ec746.JPG

I know exactly what you mean!

I find the Celica love tends to wane a little over the winter, but it came flooding back this weekend with the Welsh trip.  And they definitely like driving.

• Like 2

Well my baby is with my buddy at his detailing shop getting the works.

Full 7 stage correction and full ceramic protection, fully rust protected and undersealed nose to tail and wheel arch areas, front and rear bumpers away to get painted, wheels away to get fully re-painted. Hubs, backing plate, Calibers all cleaned, treated, primed and ready for painting. 

2018-03-2(1).jpg

20180505_105802.jpg

20180505_105832.jpg

20180505_105902.jpg

20180505_105914.jpg

• Like 3

popped off sill covers.  Sighed.  After only a year since I did it last a LOT of mud/clay/gunge had build up again and was making contact with the sills.

Cleaned everything up, treated, primes and repainted entire sills again.  (put pics in thread in gen 7 area)

Muck sure does build up fast under there.

• Like 1

Today i washed the engine under-trays and wiped them over clean,

made the teas,

eat a sandwich, 

and watched as the guys changed the radiator, water pump, thermostat,

and refilled with fresh Pink coolant.

We changed the hooter too, old fossilised OEM type went in the bin, new Fiamm fitted :thumbsup:

Forgot to take my camera so you'll have to take my word for it  ;)

Debs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cleario said:

Fair play that looks mint, 

Drove into the workshop, opened the bonnet, checked the oil, still not burning any, closed the bonnet and drove home. 

She's getting there buddy, she was in very good solid condition when I bought it.

I handed her over to my mate who runs a high end vehicle detailing service.

So she's received a fully 7 stage detailing package that he calls the works package, full body decontamination process, full machining, full ceramic protection, underneath and wheel arch areas all rust treated and sprayed with high end body shoots.

Hubs cleaned, re-primed, painted 

Calibres, cleaned, re-primed and painted.

Front and rear bumpers repainted.

Full re-furb on wheels and sent out to powder coat.

Full interior detailing as part of the 7 stage.

Then full big service next week. 

• Like 1

Bought a new hosepipe so gave the car the clean of its life 

Bodywork shampooed twice, underside of bonnet, stiff brush shampoo, then degreaser into all the nooks and crannies and gentle rinse of engine bay, chassis, topside of front subframe and floorpan and cleaned the front struts by hand.

De gunked the wheel arch lips to squeaky clean too

• Like 2

On 19/05/2018 at 16:27, SpaceCowboys83 said:

She's getting there buddy, she was in very good solid condition when I bought it.

I handed her over to my mate who runs a high end vehicle detailing service.

So she's received a fully 7 stage detailing package that he calls the works package, full body decontamination process, full machining, full ceramic protection, underneath and wheel arch areas all rust treated and sprayed with high end body shoots.

Hubs cleaned, re-primed, painted 

Calibres, cleaned, re-primed and painted.

Front and rear bumpers repainted.

Full re-furb on wheels and sent out to powder coat.

Full interior detailing as part of the 7 stage.

Then full big service next week. 

That ceramic coating is the dogs! I had my Fiesta st done last year before it seen the roads, it came from the transporter straight to the workshop and then straight to be detailed and coated. Even now a year and half on a snow foam and gentle hand wash and it looks as good as new! 

Your lucky having a detailing god as a mate it cost me £600 for a 2 stage Polish and coating. I’d love to get the celica done but I can’t justify spending more than the cars worth on a detail. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cleario said:

That ceramic coating is the dogs! I had my Fiesta st done last year before it seen the roads, it came from the transporter straight to the workshop and then straight to be detailed and coated. Even now a year and half on a snow foam and gentle hand wash and it looks as good as new! 

Your lucky having a detailing god as a mate it cost me £600 for a 2 stage Polish and coating. I’d love to get the celica done but I can’t justify spending more than the cars worth on a detail. 

Yes buddy couldn't agree more!. My mate uses Klean Freaks and Race Glaze and some new product from Monaco, dont know the name of it.

As of now he has a Rolls Royce in with no limit budget on work, he had 2 M3 BMW's in for the full works plus some additional carbon fibre work, an M4 BMW, 2 high end Range Rovers, my Celica, Porsche 911, 2 Audi RS6 and hes getting in the latest Porsche GT3 S straight from the factory. He plays with some big toys. Plus other cars in too and a couple more Range Rovers and a 4x4 pick-up truck, thats just recent.

Hes doing an amazing job with mine, giving it the full works package, full 7 stage with all the trimmings.

Wheels come back from the powder coaters Wednesday, then thursday last go over and then I collect Friday morning to take it round to my mechanic for a full big service. 

I collect my baby today!.
33243599_10156234636796113_6612141919294193664_o.thumb.jpg.5e68131899129cdb684cd3131b13b510.jpg
Looking stunning and shiny there. Today is the day I upgrade to some hid effect headlights and pray that maybe my club stickers come through the post

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

gave him a full service.  Fresh 5w40 full synth, oil filter, air filter, plugs, MAF clean, recalibrated my throttlebody (stop screw was slightly off optimal), ECU reset.  Oh and replaced both my rear stop/tail bulbs as one exploded last night.

And this time I treated him to a brand new...……..sump bolt washer (free from my local T)

Also attempted to replace my main beam bulbs, but gave up.  I will need to remove the headlights.  I could do it in situ but I cant quite get the electrical connectors unclipped :(

EDIT:  got my main beam bulbs changed!  didn't need to remove the whole headlight units either.  didn't realise they were twist'n'pull on the HB3 type.  They come right out with the connector still attached for easy swapping

Edited by G.Lewarne
  • Like 1

decided that an old mr2turbo bmic could work as an fmic on the 205, so lots of metal and faffing it fits nice behind the c1 bumper. next is to clock turbo and make new pipes.

_DSC1649.thumb.JPG.afc703f0af9bddabb63d4919975ffb94.JPG

the pipes in the photo are some pieces of crap that came on another deal.

• Like 1

Replaced the rear offside brake caliper. The mounting bolts came undone with no great effort but then....the pins were seriously rusted in and all attempts to budge them failed (had soaked them in WD40 yesterday). So, out with my Minicraft drill with a slitting wheel on it and cut my way through each pin in about 5 minutes, and then transferred the pads over to the nice nearly-new caliper from eBay. Minidrills are nearly worth their weight in gold; couldn't manage without one (got two actually :)).

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.