Tyres

Falken ZIEX - ZE912's

That is all :)

Amazingly cheap for what they are, great grip in the dry, obviously you don't drive like a t**t in the rain so you'll be ok there too. Last ages what more do you want?

If not I've got Toyo Proxies T-1R's on mine atm and I've kinda fallen in love with them :D

The Federal 595 RS-R are really 'road legal' track tyres. These are what I'll be using next year on my track wheels but not really much use in the wet or for normal road use every day. Fine though when the sun is shining.

Running Toyo T1-R's at the mo in 235/40/17's and must say that they are pretty good.

Done about 12k on them and they are about 1/2 done now. No complaints in hot, cold, sun, cloud, rain, snow :) but did not like ice - dont think any normal tyre likes ice!

What about Kumho Escata's?

Got them on the wife's IS200 and seems quite good in grip and wear.

Edited by jeffrosie

ill be using the federals on my track wheels, wouldnt really use them as a full time on the road tyre as there more of a track tyre, so will wear down quicker, i use yokohama parada spec 2, rate them very well, been using them for the past 5/6 yrs now, cant fault them in wet as many do, there just a good all round tyre :)

Hi,

I'm using Continental sportcontact2 at the mo, I think they're excellent.

With a 520bhp 4wd monster like that, doubt any tyre would cope :D

I was on Falken ZE 912s but with different wheels now have the Continentals. They have really changed the feel of the car for the better and it reminds me of my go kart days - turn the wheel and the car just seems to follow .... strange to explain. Mind you the write ups for wear are not that good for these tyres - I guess the compound mix is good for gripping (soft?) but t poor for wear .

Gareth

I was on Falken ZE 912s but with different wheels now have the Continentals. They have really changed the feel of the car for the better and it reminds me of my go kart days - turn the wheel and the car just seems to follow .... strange to explain. Mind you the write ups for wear are not that good for these tyres - I guess the compound mix is good for gripping (soft?) but t poor for wear .

Gareth

Have to agree with the wear side of that! The last set of Conti's on my Peugeot lasted just over 8000miles....when doing 500/week....well you do the math! (Excellent on the Celica over the last month, very predictable tyre)

Trying the Pug with Bridgestone Turanza T001 at the mo as an experiment. So far, after a week, good performance for a £100 tyre.

The car is nearly 5-years old now, 120k on the clock. I've had around 12 sets of tyres on it, and tried most top end boots, but still trying to find the holy grail of tyre :D

I used the holy grail of tyres years ago. Back in the 70's with Goodyear we used hand cut slicks on the road cars. Best milage I got from a XJ6 coupe was 2,000 lol. Used to love cutting the grooves in with the heated tyre cutters. Make up our own patterns.

I used the holy grail of tyres years ago. Back in the 70's with Goodyear we used hand cut slicks on the road cars. Best milage I got from a XJ6 coupe was 2,000 lol. Used to love cutting the grooves in with the heated tyre cutters. Make up our own patterns.

I used to do that with Dunlop A2's ......they were a dry gravel tyre but superb on tarmac once they wore down a little......and when they were almost out of tread we used to cut a few grooves in to keep the Police happy!

Those were the days!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.