Bye Bye Celica

Lee540

Well, traded in the Celica today, dispite trying to like it, it just wasn't for me!

So I've got some club stickers and a set of 17" wheels to sell, advertise sometime this week.

I like looking at some of the mod. diaries so I'll keep looking back from time to time as I'm a paid club member for another 11 months.

Cheers

Lee

I've had the gen 6 and 7, in order actually. The gen6 was so much fun compared to gen7. Have a subaru now and a saxo (SO EMBARISSING) saxo as a daily drive and subaru as work in progress. But will defiantly be replacing the saxo with a gen6 in the future.

Its already been replaced with a 2009 Audi A3 2.0 TDi 170 S-Line.. I may stick club stickers on my toolbox but free to anyone who sends me a self address envelope.

Safe to say I wont have another Celica in gen 6 or gen 7 models. :)

It has to go on Wednesday. If I had more time I'd remove the 40mm Apex springs and 25mm spacers all round.

Its already been replaced with a 2009 Audi A3 2.0 TDi 170 S-Line.. I may stick club stickers on my toolbox but free to anyone who sends me a self address envelope.

Safe to say I wont have another Celica in gen 6 or gen 7 models. :)

good choice on the A3 with a remap that thing would eat most standard celicas... if you don't mind me asking how much did you get px'ing your gen 7? Will be getting rid of mine soon and might px mine if it worth it to avoid the hassle of private selling

Seat main dealer gave me £2000 for my 2001 190, I paid £2100 off a club member back in May.

I had to push for that, the fact my car is mint with full history knock price up more, however, book price is only £1250 for excellent condition.

Hmm.. Celica feels cheap and plasticy.. it goes well round corners but never really made me happy.

I really like the A3 after trying mk5 golf gt tdi, mini cooper s and clio rs200.. has a quality feel and very refined.

Handling is far from dull and pulls harder and stronger than Celica.. I reckon I'll be happy. Its a bit special to me as its best possible spec and most expensive vehicle I've ever bought!

Will post some pics on Wednesday

Another VAG convert - i've only moved over to SEAT and the build quality is a million miles better, so the Audi will be better again. A bit different from you because I loved my Celica, but I ain't looking back now.

I do laugh though when people say they look dull, obviously no appreciation for quality. I'm sorry but the Celica G7 looks great from a distance but when you start to get closer the flaws are so evident, get closer to a VAG and they just become more beautiful.

Getting her mapped Lee???

Another VAG convert - i've only moved over to SEAT and the build quality is a million miles better, so the Audi will be better again. A bit different from you because I loved my Celica, but I ain't looking back now.

Now I drive an altera XL for work which is basically a more spacious Leon and the inside feels no better built than my gen6, just as much plastic, the hand break is on the wrong side too which seems to be a common thing on cars now days that are originally designed for left hand drive

Don't get me wrong it's a lovely car to drive and I do think new Seats look very pretty but they are not built any better than the Toyota and they are far more un reliable apparently, Toyota finish 2 beaten by Honda in 1st where as vw/Audi/Seat at the wrong end of 10 and up

I can't speak for the 7 as I haven't owned one, maybe they cheaped out inside them but, you also have to factor in they are two totally different machines. But end of the day it's what makes the driver happy.

Edited by Dan23

If that's the kinda motor you prefer bud then no wonder you didn't like the Celi.

This.

I had an Audi before and it never put the smile on my face when I looked at it the way the celi does.

Each to their own though. Happy motoring fella :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.