Hi people,

you'll have to forgive me and my appaling lack of technical knowledge but Ive just been out in the 205 and noticed a small wet patch under the front of the car - funky smell with a pinkish tint to it. looked under the bonnet (not sure why lol) and checked all the reservoir levels and all looked good, however, I cant see the level on the coolant reservoir. To be honest the fill line is so far down i couldnt quite see it properly anyway. Ive probably answered my own question here but if anyone has the knowledge I lend you my ears (but i want them back!)

did you look at the power steering level? think you'll find thats a pinky colour.

i had a big pink patch wherever i parked from under front of the car and then the power steering got noisy.....

Edited by arizona

Hi ya mate I thought you had left us, im still in the local area over at North Luff so if you need a second opinion just give me a should ill be more then happy to have a look. Dorris

Ah damnit - im out and about today otherwise i would have taken you up on that - the car seems to be driving alright so im just going to keep an eye on it. If the weather is still dry when i get home ill take the plastic underpanel off the bumper and have a peek (thats where the leak was coming from. Thanks anyway mate vc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.